chapter 13: separate ways

[ i apologize if there would be any errors ( grammars, spellings and such more ). ]

Next day

THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

Heather woke up after she slept on the floor after what happened yesterday.

"Wh-What time is it?" Heather mumbled as she slowly stood up then she turned to the door and opened it as she walked to the kitchen.

"Schedule for today-" She mumbled as she grabbed her mug then she cutted off her own sentence as the door from the guest room opened.

Jonathan walked out from the room as he looked down then Heather and him looked up at each other. She looked at his backpack as he nervously looked at her.

"Y-You're leaving?" Heather asked as she frowned.

"You're awake?" Jonathan asked at the same time with Heather.

"D-Don't you usually wake up around seven i-in the morning, Heather?" Jonathan continued as he asked and slowly puts down his backpack.

"I-I do, but I felt very hungry all of the sudden." Heather replied as she sighed and puts down her mug on the counter.

"S-So, you're leaving? Wi-Without telling me?" She continued as she asked and walked towards him.

"I-I was planning to send you a voice message since my flight is in an hour and I didn't want to wake you up a-after what happened yesterday." He replied as he sighed.

"And you're planning to leave because?" She asked.

"Y-You see, Grandma Lauren told me that Grandpa Edward is in the hospital and was hoping for me to visit." He nervously replied.

"At the same time, I felt like it was the right thing to do after all of the troubles that happened ever since I arrived got even worse and I didn't want you to suffer another problem all because of me being around in here." He continued as he looked at her.

"Wh-What are you talking about? You aren't the reason why everything happened since you arrived, coincidences happen Jon." She said as she looked back at him.

"I'm sorry Heather, I-I think its for the best.  Trust me, I've been through anxiety back in highschool and cutting off the connection with other people helped me." He said as he looked down.

"J-Jon, please don't do this, don't you ever end our friendship like this. I-I swear I'm doing fine, I-I just heard voices and-" She nervously said then he cutted her off.

"When did it all happen, Heather? Oh right, the moment I arrived in here. Maybe at this point, I became a curse or something that made you experience this!" He said as he started raising his voice and she flinched.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to raise my voice like that. But I just need to leave you alone at the moment Heather and once you're ready to face me, I will be there for you, but not now." He continued as he turned around from her.

"Jon, this isn't a way to fix with someone who is dealing with something. Besides, I don't want you to leave me, not like this, not this way." She said as she grabbed his arm.

"And what Heather? You would continue to suffer more whenever I am around you? I don't want that and I know you don't either. I just want whats best for you Heather, because I love you as my bestfriend and my sister by heart." He said as he looked over her then she slowly removed her hand from his arm and he walked to the door.

"Goodbye Heather, see you soon." He continued as he looked at her then he left as she started to tear up.

"Well if you didn't show your anxious side too much, your bestfriend will still be here for you. Petty Heather." The voice in Heather's head said.