chapter 20: hidden struggles

[ i apologize if there would be any errors ( grammars, spellings and such more ). ]

RAFAEL'S POINT OF VIEW

"Hey princess, may I ask on what are you doing for the rest of the day?" I asked as I walked towards Heather and she sat down on the couch.

"I think I'll just watch some movies, do you want to join with me?" Heather asked as I sat down next to her and she looked at me.

"Sure! What movie do you want to watch?" I asked as she grabbed her laptop from the table.

"I-I was planning to binge watch Miraculous-" She replied then I cutted her off.

"You watch Miraculous too? Cause your man does!" I said as she gasped then we squealed.

"Who is your favorite character?" We asked as we pointed to each other.

"Marinette." We said as we smiled.

"Chat Noir." We said then we gasped.

"Marichat!" We said as we exclaimed.

"Okay, but on serious note, we must binge watch Miraculous because it's been forever since I last watched this." I said as I chuckled.

"And I thought you are an anime lover." She said as she chuckled back.

"I am also a Miraculer at the same time, princess. That's why I call you princess all the time because I found it cute and romantic for some reason." I said as I looked back at her.

"Well, one point for you because Chat Noir is my favorite and also he calls Marinette with that nickname back then." She said as she looked at her laptop and search for a Miraculous episode.

"What can I say? I am charming as Chat Noir himself." I said as she looked at me and I winked at her then she chuckled.

For the rest of the morning, Heather and I watched episodes and a movie of Miraculous. We cried, laughed, sang along and so many amazing moments, how I wish this will last forever. Forgetting our problems by spending time with each other, that's the love I've been waiting for my whole life together with the girl whom I love so much. Suddenly, something came out of nowhere. I got a notification from my phone then I pulled out my phone from my pocket.

"Press this notification for the portal." I mumbled as I read the notification then I did so.

I pressed the notification multiple times, but nothing happened and I started to become impatient. At the same time, I thought that maybe my phone is already broken since I have this one for years now and it does have some damages for quite some time.

Go to a private place to reveal the portal I sent. The notification said then I sighed.

"Is everything okay, Rafael?" Heather worriedly asked as we looked at each other.

"Y-Yeah, I just have to head to the w-washroom real quick." I replied as I stood up.

"But, you're missing the best part." She said as she pouted.

"Don't worry, I won't take long, just leave some popcorn for me, okay?" I said as I chuckled.

"I will." She said as she chuckled back then I head to the washroom.

As I arrived, I immediately closed the door and pressed the notification. Then a huge bright light appeared right from my phone and I immediately closed my eyes.

"Greetings Rafael McAdams, I am Lauren Partridge, the guardian of the Magicias. I am here to talk to you about being one of the users for the Magicias, if that's okay." Lauren greeted back as she smiled and I slowly opened my eyes.