chapter 39: in the middle of the flight

[ i apologize if there would be any errors ( grammars, spellings and such more ). ]

THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

It is already the next day. Rafael and Heather are currently outside of Heather's parents' house as they waited outside the car.

"Remember when I told you yesterday that I am excited to meet your parents?" Rafael asked as they looked at each other.

"Yeah?" Heather replied in confusion.

"I changed my mind. I am completely nervous right now, feel my heartbeat right now." He nervously said then she placed her hand on his chest.

"You are nervous right now." She said as she frowned and she released her hand from his chest.

"But don't worry, as long as you respect and never talk anything negative towards them, they will surely love you." She continued as she chuckled.

"Well I would love to say the same thing to you, but you are only meeting my Grandpa." He said as he sighed.

"Oh please, I am nervous as well, but I just think of the positive side." She said as she scoffed then he nodded.

After awhile, Heather's parents went out of their house as Heather and Rafael walked towards them.

"Good morning, Mom and Dad!" Heather greeted as she waved at them.

"Good morning, sweetie!" Mrs. Vespaire greeted back as Mr. Vespaire waved back.

"I am guessing this is Rafael." Mr. Vespaire said as he looked at Rafael then Rafael nervously nodded.

"Good morning, Mr. and Mrs. Vespaire. It's such a great opportunity to finally meet you two." Rafael greeted as he smiled.

"Likewise, Rafael." Mrs. Vespaire said as Mr. Vespaire nodded.

"Here, let me help you, Mom and Dad." Heather said as she grabbed the luggage.

"Oh don't worry Heather, let me do that for you." Rafael said as he grabbed the luggage that Heather grabbed.

"Well this surely is a great first impression." Mr. Vespaire said as he chuckled.

"Thank you, Mr. Vespaire." Rafael said as he chuckled back then he carried the luggage to the car.

"He seems like a kind gentleman, Heather." Mrs. Vespaire said as she looked at Heather.

"He surely is, Mom. Come on, let's head to the car." Heather said as she chuckled then they walked to the car and entered together with Rafael.

"New York City, here we come!" Rafael said then they clapped and exclaimed and thet left.

Meanwhile at the Devilio portal

"Mom? I-It's Matthew and Reina!" Matthew shouted as they arrived the portal.

"It's great to finally communicate with you once again, Matthew and Reina." Maria said as she appeared infront of them and Matthew and Reina flinched.

"W-Wait, where is Rena?" Maria asked as she continued.

"O-Oh good day, Maria. About Rena, sh-she can't come with us for a moment, since she-" Reina said as she smiled then Matthew cutted her off.

"Since she has 'school' to focus on, of course." Matthew said as he glared at Reina then she nodded.

"Isn't it summer at this time in the real world?" Maria asked as she crossed her arms.

"Of course, b-but our daughter wanted to do advance reading for her college years, you know." Matthew nervously replied.

"Alright then, I am glad you two showed up especially after the fight we had decades ago." Maria said as she turned at them then they walked to her lair.