chapter 8: the day before her birthday

[ i apologize if there would be any errors ( grammars, spellings and such more ). ]

JONATHAN'S POINT OF VIEW

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. I was at Heather's apartment, wait—Heather brought me home? Cause as far as I can remember, I went to a bar and drank alot of—
argh, dummy me. I slowly sat up as I felt a headache then I heard Heather walking towards me.

"Hey, hey, you should've called me before you decided to sit up." Heather said as she placed her hands on my arms and she looked at me.

"Don't worry Heather, I-I am capable to do this by myself." I said as I looked back at her.

"Well you would, if you weren't drunk yesterday." She said as she glared at me.

"R-Right, but wh-what happened?" I asked as I frowned.

"Well I spot you from outside the bar drinking and you even have a girl with you. Luckily, I got her away and y-you f-f.." She replied then she sighed.

"Just say it, I won't feel embarrassed since-" I said then she cutted me off.

"You flirted with me." She said then I opened my wide eyes open.

"Forget what I just said because I am totally embarrassed right now." I said then I nervously laughed and she glared at me.

"Okay, it ain't funny at all, but did I do something more than th-that?" I asked as I continued.

"J-Just that." She nervously replied.

"If you don't mind me asking, wh-what were the-" I asked then she cutted me off.

"Trust me, you don't wanna know." She replied as she scoffed then I sighed.

"B-But, I hope it wasn't something too e-embarrassing." I said as I frowned.

"The only embarrassing part there is why you immediately went to a bar all by yourself." She said as she started raising her voice.

"Woah, woah, woah, chill bestie. You know I have already been drunk since we were highschool, of course I can manage myself." I said then she did a facepalm.

"Well because of you being drunk, you and some other stranger got into a fight because he thought you were s-seducing me." She said as I scratched my head.

"Well technically, I can manage myself in some other ways." I nervously said then she sighed and stood up.

"L-Look, I'm sorry. I just had a rough day yesterday and I didn't want to disturb you from your interview, that's why I had no other choice but to head to the nearest bar and have some dr-drinks." I said as I stood up and she walked to the kitchen then she went towards me, bringing a tray with two plates and our breakfasts on it.

"That's why I asked you yesterday if you wanted me to stay and you agreed. Besides, you know that I am here for you and I am ready to listen to whatever you are dealing right now." She said as we sat back down.

As soon as she said those last words, I remembered what Grandma Lauren and Grandpa Travis said to me right before I went to the bar.

Flashback

"I think he meant the secret where he is the holder of the Magicias, Travis." Grandma Lauren said as she worriedly looked at Grandpa Travis.

"Grandma is right and I really want to tell her, but I felt scared and I don't want it to be the same reason to my girlbestfriend." I said as I sighed.

"Honey, I'm really sorry, but it is against the rules that you couldn't tell anyone. You know what would happen to our family once the history and this magic will spread out to other people." Grandma Lauren said.