TWENTY-EIGHT

The party was in full swing, friends of my parents were sipping on wine and eating snacks, filling the house with laughter and voices. The Christmas decorations had been taken down by my parents, leaving the house feeling empty, but the addition of all these people made up for that loss. The warm lighting of the numerous candles on shelves and mantelpieces gave the setting an intimate feel, more adult than anything I had experienced before, and this was mirrored in Emily and Alex. Alex was sat in his favourite chair, my grandfather's leather armchair, and Emily was sat across him with her legs hanging off the armrest. Alex would often lean towards Emily's ear and whisper something that would make Emily giggle and shake her blonde hair. I sat opposite them on the floor, crossing my legs under me whilst I listened and laughed with my best friends. Every now and then Natasha's red hair would catch my eye and I would get caught staring at her, feeling odd pangs of jealousy when I saw her smiling and laughing with other people. I wanted nothing more than to hold her hand in mine and laugh along with her, but some of the people in this room wouldn't accept that. I was very lucky to be graced with the best, most accepting parents ever, but some of my extended family were not cut from the same tree. Still, if Natasha felt me staring, which somehow she always could, she would turn her head towards me and give me a smile that melted all my insides.

I watched Natasha walk downstairs towards my room at 10 pm, which piqued my interest, so I snuck away and followed her downstairs. I stepped into my room and heard the door slam behind me.

"I knew you'd follow me."

I turned around smirking and saw Natasha leaning on my now shut door. "I was curious."

"Well I'm glad, because I need you out of that skirt."

My eyes widened at her words. "Tasha! There are people upstairs! My friends are upstairs!"

Natasha simply rolled her eyes at me. "Desi, as much as I absolutely adore your body, I'm not always trying to get into your pants. I need you to change into some more comfortable clothes."

"Why?"

"I'm taking you on a date." Natasha stated proudly. "And before you say anything, I already asked your mom permission to take you away from the party, and she gave it happily."

"Tasha," I sighed euphorically, walking towards her and latching my lips onto hers. I heard her pull down the zip of my skirt whilst she continued kissing me, and the material dropped and landed at my feet. Her hands trailed down to my bare thighs, squeezing my ass slightly as she went, before hooking under and lifting me up. I wrapped my arms around her neck as I played with her hair and she slowly but surely walked over to my closet. I slipped my tongue inside her mouth and she groaned against me.

"Princess, you're making it so hard to wait," Natasha whispered before she reattached her lips to mine.

I pulled away with a few final pecks and grinned at her. "I'm sorry, Miss, I couldn't help myself. You're just so irresistible."

Natasha threw her head back with a laugh and I felt the vibrations on my own chest. She sat me down on my chair and rummaged through my drawers until she pulled out a pair of black yoga pants. Walking back over, she knelt in front of me and slipped the holes of the legs over my feet before standing me back up and pulling the material up to my waist.

She leant to my ear and whispered, "You can keep the top, you look hot in it."

I blushed profusely and Natasha kissed my neck before walking away to the door.

"I'll meet you in the car, your mom already gave me her keys, okay?"

----------

"Was the blindfold really necessary?" I complained for the tenth time as Natasha drove me somewhere. The car rumbled to a stop and I left out an exasperated gasp. Natasha only chuckled and opened her car door and left me alone. Left on my own for five minutes, I started to get bored so asked Siri to play some songs. 'No time to die' came on through the car speakers and I started to sing along, forgetting my complaints and letting myself sink into the music. After the song was done, Natasha startled me by being right next to me.