FORTY-FIVE

August 29th

Tasha💛 - Can you stop by my classroom? I need help carrying all these enrollment forms.

Of course, baby. Give me five minutes.

I chuckled as I put my phone away in my back pocket and avoided a boy looking down at a campus map, trying to figure out where to go. Being a senior had its perks, like knowing everyone and everything, but my dissertation was creeping up on me like a cat waiting for a mouse.

I stopped to retie my shoelace, and when I looked up I saw Wanda struggling to open the door to the English building because of all the papers in her arms.

"Wands! Hold up!" I called, jogging over to her, and I giggled at the relief on her face when she saw me.

"Oh my goodness, thank god you're here, Des." Wanda sighed when I propped the door open with my foot and took the top quarter of papers off of her pile.

"Natasha's in the same predicament, she just texted me to come help her."

Wanda shook her head with a smile. "You know I love having new students, but do they really have to come with so much paperwork? It's a pain in my ass."

"Am I still your favourite, even after meeting your new lot?"

"You were never my favourite, Desi."

I feigned a gasp as I gave Wanda a dirty look, who was grinning at me. Her hair bounced as we walked and I could finally see her baby bump showing. I smiled fondly at the memory of Wanda calling me with the news.

"Hold up, Tasha, Wanda is calling me."

Natasha pouted but I kissed her lips as I walked away from our bed. I accepted the call and smiled at Wanda's greeting.

"Hey Des."

"Hi Wanda, how's it going?"

"Good, really good." Wanda was slightly breathless, and I could tell she was smiling. Deciding to test my theory, I clicked on the facetime button and waited for her to answer. Her grinning face showed up on my screen as I set down the phone on Natasha's desk.

"Something to share?" I smirked, looking at her flushed cheeks.

She bit her lip as she nodded and walked out of the frame. I heard some squeals as I presumed Vision gave her a hug, and I waited patiently, gazing at a framed picture of me and Natasha on my desk. I finally convinced her to add a second desk in her library, and no matter how many times she kept saying it was now my house as well, she was still possessive over this room. Still, she always loved when we worked side by side, in comfortable silence.

Wanda's red hair came back into the frame so I looked back over to the phone, gasping when I saw two lines on a test. Tears were threatening to fall from Wanda's eyes, and I covered my mouth with my hand as I let out excited gasps.

"You're pregnant?"

"Twins. I just got back from the doctor. Vis was crying the whole time, it was rather funny actually."

"You're going to be parents! That's amazing for you two!"

"We're really happy, and I wanted you to know, Desi."

After dropping the papers on her desk, I walked down the hallway and walked over to Natasha's classroom door. Knocking lightly, I pushed open the wood door and frowned when darkness met me. Pouting, I searched for the light switch until I heard the sound of a lighter light up.

"Tasha? What are you doing?" I squinted through the darkness and I could see the silhouette of Natasha, walking around her desk.

"Turn around for a second, baby, they all blew out when you opened the door."