Part 10

“He is laughing at least,” I whisper to myself.

“I feel happy when he laughs. I want to see him happy.”

Suigetsu whispered to Karin and Jugo. “Is Sasuke laughing? What in the world.” He said with a confused reaction and realized that the others are the same too.
Karin: “Sasuke-kun talks a lot too. It’s not fair.” She walked toward Hinata and asked bluntly. “Who gave you the right to laugh together with Sasuke?”
Hinata: “Um? I don’t why you are mad but please calm down.” Hinata said gently but confused at the same time.
Sasuke: “What are you talking about Karin?” Sasuke seems to be mad because Karin shouted at Hinata.
Suigetsu: “Man, she is jealous of Hinata.” Suigetsu snorted. “Anyway My name is Suigetsu Hozuki. I am Sasuke’s friend. This hothead is Karin Uzumaki.” He introduced himself and Karin.
Hinata: “Nice to meet you Suigetsu-san and Karin-san.” Hinata smiled at Suigetsu and Karin.
Sasuke: “Why are you guys here?” Sasuke asked Jugo.
Jugo: “Karin said she sensed your chakara with another unfamiliar chakara so we thought you were in trouble.”
Karin: “I was so worried about you Sasuke-kun.” Karin said it with a cheesy voice while Hinata are giggling about their conversations.
Sasuke: “I am not a child Karin.” He scoffed.
Karin: “It’s not what I mean but how can you trust your enemy Sasuke-kun? She is a Hyuuga. What if she does something to you?” Karin pointed her finger at me and glared at me.
Hinata: “Excuse me? You started judging me when you don’t know a thing. First, I am not his enemy anymore. He saved me and I owe him. Second, I have the right to laugh or tease anyone I want. Third, we Hyuuga are royal. I don’t break deals or promises.” Hinata was a bit furious because not only did Karin harass her but also she said like I can’t be trusted.
Karin: “Whom are you yelling at? I thought you were a nice girl with good manners and a pitiful laugh. Do you know how to respect someone?” Karin disputed.
Sasuke: “Karin, that’s enough.” He sounded annoyed. “I was going to have a beautiful morning and this redhead is getting on my nerves.” He thought to himself.
Karin: “Sasuke-kun, are you standing by her side? I know you better than her.” She sounded sad.
Suigetsu: “Watching the others girl fight for a boy is fun to watch.” He laughed.
Karin: “Shut up, you freak.” Karin threw a punch in Suigetsu and his face melt and got destructed again.
Hinata: “Even the nicest person has their limits Karin-san. Besides, I am not fighting over some pretty face. My standard is not that low to fight over a boy, that’s something I never did or I never will. I am arguing because you think I will betray someone. I am saying that I am loyal.”

Sasuke’s POV.

     She used to have her head down and stare at the ground talking at someone but this time, her head raised and she sounded serious.

I know she means every word

I know she means every word. In my lifetime, most of the girls came to me. Offer themselves, tell me how beautiful they are, that I should choose them and they chase after me just because I am cool and handsome. Hinata is different. She loves her clan and honors it. She is not someone that will beg for attention and that’s the reason why I am interested in her. I saw Karin has no words to respond. Jugo smiled at me and gave me a look that means. ‘She is something’. I gave ‘She sure is’ look back to Jugo.

Karin: “Why you little. Do you think you are stronger than me huh?” Karin isn’t giving up. I sighed. There is no way, she can defeat Hinata. Their strength is too different. Hinata is well trained and knows a lot while Karin can only heal.
Hinata: “I don’t mean like that Karin-san. Let’s stop this already. This is useless.” Hinata said calmly because she knew that this is pointless.
Karin: “Don’t run away. I, Karin Uzumaki challenge you, Hinata Hyuuga. If you are a Hyuuga, come and fight me.” She challenged Hinata.
Jugo: “Shouldn’t you stop then Sasuke?”
Sasuke: “It will be fun. Suigetsu, Jugo and Karin one group. Hina can you handle them alone?”
Jugo: “Sasuke? That’s unfair.” Jugo said worriedly.
Suigetsu: “I don’t want to bully a girl.”
Sasuke: “Don’t underestimate her. Hina you agree? Don’t let me down.” I winked at her. She smiled at me.
Hinata: “If I win, no more calling me shorty Sasuke-san.” She giggled and went to the battleground.
Sasuke: “If you lose, I am going to call you shorty forever Hina.” I mocked at her.
Hinata: “Not gonna happen.” She said playfully.

I sat down not far but not too near from the combat.

She was standing face to face with Jugo, Suigetsu, and Karin with a smile. She activated her Byakugen.

Suigetsu: “Don’t you think it’s a little unfair? He said mockingly.” “Oh well, it’s gonna end badly,” I said to myself.
Hinata: “Please don’t underestimate me Suigetsu-san. I can be a devil sometimes.” Devil? Without a doubt, she is an angel inside but I wonder what she has inside?
Karin: “If you lose, you can never talk to Sasuke-kun again. “Tsk, like the hell it’s gonna happen.” I said annoyingly.

Hinata: “Sure.” She smirked. “Please don’t hold back.”

At the end of her sentence. She is in front of Karin. I activated my sharingen to catch her movements. She is as fast as me. Within a second, I heard her saying “Gentle step: Eight trigrams: 64 palms.” Karin stood there gazed and before she could heal herself. She fell to the ground. Paralyzed by Hinata. Suigetsu charged her back with his sword as he saw it and opening. That was just a trap to lure him. She immediately dodged the sword swing and went down. Hitting the abdomen. Suigetsu melted. He couldn’t reconstruct as his chakara is disturbed.

Hinata: “You can rebuild your body as long as you have chakara and I made I stopped. You should wait a bit until they are unlocked again. Suigetsu-san.” She absorbed details about the weakness and strength of the enemies. It isn’t even a minute since the battle has started.

Hinata: “2 down one more to go.” She turned to Jugo with a smirk and her hair got scattered because of the sudden turn. I saw her lavender eyes. Such beautiful yet innocent eyes.

I felt goosebumps

I felt goosebumps. Jugo threw a punch at her face but she stepped back and did a double backflip. Jugo continued to keep punching her but she dogged them without an effort. “She is indeed a devil when it comes to fighting.” I chuckled. I realized that she was making him drained by making him swing. Wise and clever. Jugo battle style is pure strength. If he is out of stamina. He is valuable. Hinata made a move when Jugo fell on his knees. I felt a presence behind me. I quickly took my katana and made a slice. That person quickly dodged.

General POV.

Sasuke: “Hina? Wait aren’t you in the battle?” I checked Jugo and saw he is down on his knees and Hinata is in front of her.
Hinata: “Your knife almost took my life Sasuke-san. I learnt a lesson.” ‘Never sneak an Uchiha from behind.’ She talked to me. “That’s a shadow clone. I didn’t want to harm them seriously. No more calling me Shorty Sasuke-san.” She teased me.
Sasuke: “In another way, you want to say that you can knock them out just with a shadow clone. Am I right?” Hina. She laughed at my statement.
Hinata; “True and also I didn’t want to get tired. So the deal is a deal?” She kept talking about that.
Sasuke: “Of course, I am a man of my words, no more calling you shorty.” I chuckled. “You did great Hinata. I am proud of you.” I ruffled her hair. Bent down to her level and whisper into her ears.

“That’s a bonus.”

”