Chapter 1: Reunion with SPR

~Mai's Pov~
I stared at the door as Aki left and shrugged talking to Lin. "Your spot is open if you want it and Naru is the one that asked me to talk to you about it." Lin said and I looked down thinking for a moment. "I would have to speak with Aki about it." I replied and he nodded but stopped for a moment. "Do you know where your friend was born?" Lin asked and I shook my head. "No clue she never talks about her past." I answered.
~Aki's Pov~
I layed my head on the steering wheel and was in midst thought. I got slowly out of the car standing in front of my destination which was an old building at the edge of Shibuya. "Layla don't help me with this one." I murmured to my twin and she let out a sigh. I walked into the building and closed my eyes sensing all the spirits around me in the building. My body started to glow red and then it seemed to explode shattering all the spirits in the building. I felt my body weaken as the energy took its toll. "I'm fine Layla." I said answering her unasked question. She nodded and we both got into my car. I struggled to keep my eyes open till I got into the driveway. As soon as I pulled in I fell asleep in the car not caring about anything else.
~Mai's Pov~
Lin and I continued talking and I heard Aki's car pull in. "Oh she's home so you can ask her yourself." I said happily to Lin as we walked outside and in the truck Aki was sleeping her head resting on the wheel. "I hope she didn't do what I think she did." I sighed as I opened the door and unbuckled Aki. "Lin could you please pick her up for me and avoid the injuries?" I asked sweetly mumbling the last part. "Yeah." Lin answered picking up Aki and carrying her inside while I dialed Ayako's number.
~Aki's Pov~*Dream Land*
I stared into the eyes of my sister and my childhood friend Gene. "What's going on you two?" I questioned looking them over and Gene smirked. "Taliana we can't be there for you when you are so reckless." Layla said and I looked down. "I'm sorry Layla but why is Gene here too?" I questioned and she only smiled. "He is here to connect you to Noll again." Layla answered before flipping her hair. I stared at Gene confused. "That means Naru is close enough for us to have a connection." I said happily. Gene looked down and then into my eyes. "We have to show you something for an upcoming case and it won't be to good." Gene said and then I was in a brief bit of darkness./// I was laying in a bed and looked around quickly two people walk in the door and start dragging me away. I was slammed onto a metal table I watched one of the men grab a butcher knife. 'Wake up wake up Tala wake up!' I screeched in my head. The man walked closer and grabbed a handful of my hair stretching my neck out. 'Somebody help me.!' I screeched. The knife hit my head and I was screaming at the top of my longs.
~Aki's Pov~ *real life*
I felt my cheek sting and my eyes focused to be staring at Lin, Mai, Monk, and Ayako. "Aki are you alright?" Monk asked worry in his voice and I nodded keeping my emotions in check. "Yeah I'm fine." I answered no emotion visible. "That didn't sound like you are fine Aki." Monk said sitting next to me. "I'm fine really." I said standing up keeping my mask on before I heard a voice in my head. 'Where is Lin he was supposed to get Mai and hour ago.' A familiar voice boomed in my head and I held my ears. 'Idiot put up a freaking wall!' I yelled in my thoughts as I went and walked out my door ignoring the pleas from everyone to stay. 'Tala is that you?' The voice asked. 'No its the mind reading fairies. Yes its me!' I screeched in my thoughts as I got in my car. "Who are you talking to Aki?" Layla asked looking me over. "I'm not sure Layla but he sounds familiar." I said to her putting up a quick block. 'Tala its me Noll.' The voice said and I stopped thinking. 'Naru I can't believe its really you.' I was happy to know it was him but stopped remembering he didn't know about Layla. 'Come to Shibuya Psychic Research I want to see you and introduce you to a few people.' He said a bit of happiness flooding in his voice.
A/n
Hey everybody just wanted to let you know I'm also working a few other stories so I might not be able to have a schedule on when I post.