Chapter 21: The Officer

A/n Thanks so much for all of the support we have almost hit 500 reads and I'm so happy and thanks KarmenMerkel for requesting for me to continue so much. Also please check out AtlantaJade5521

~Tala's Pov~
"N-Noll it h-hurts s-so much." I stuttered out still hearing the ringing of the gunshot pounding through my head and Naru stared concerned. "What hurts Tala?" Mai piped up walking closer to myself. "R-Rain h-he." I couldn't even say it to Mai but she heard Rain's name and stared into my eyes worry dancing in her own chocolate brown orbs. "What happened to Rain?" She asked and I looked down trying to hide the tears that began to stream down my face. "I- I'm not sure but I think he..." I trailed off letting a small sob out as I stared at the ground watching my tears hit the floor lightly. "He's dead." I finally let out before gripping onto Mai and sobbing into her shoulder the others staring unsure of what to do. As I continued to sob the lights seemed to flicker in sync with my sobs and Lin and Naru looked at each other then myself. "Calm down Tala its alright." Naru said finally coming to my side to comfort me and Monk, Ayako, Masako, and John all just stood confused. My sobs stopped as soon as the door opened being replace by small dry sobs and I looked up to see Gene a small smile on my face as I ran to up to him and hugged him. "Gene!" I yelled happily hugging the boy. He seemed a bit surprised by me hugging him and noticed the trails of tears from only a moment before. "What's wrong Tala?" Gene asked his look turning to concern and the SPR group turning confused at the Naru look alike waiting for an answer. "Gene I missed you so much I'm happy that we are mostly together again." I said choking down more tears as I thought of Layla and she stared at me watching me hug Gene whispering in my ear. "It's alright Tala its no big deal alright I'm still here in a way." Layla whispered and I just held onto Gene and watched as Naru came over and hugged both of us. Releasing from the hug I wiped my face all the tears gone and I smiled. "Let's go back to Japan I just have to grab a thing or two from my house." I said smiling hiding my despair that still hung in my thoughts as I turned to leave only to be stopped by Martin who smiled at me. "Could we talk for a moment alone Tala?" He asked and I nodded slowly and followed him into the hallway. "Tala I know its gonna sound weird but I need you to make sure that you use a certain amount of power at a time or it will build up and cause a lot of problems for you." He said and I nodded smiling lightly. "Yeah of course Mr.Davis." I said before he let me leave the others following to get there stuff to head back to Japan.
~Time skip 3rd person Pov~
Tala waved to the group after getting off the plane walking to a cab and taking it back to her and Mai's shared home setting down the few things she could salvage unknowing what her group of friends were planning. Mai stared at the others nodding at them so that they could get the plan into motion seeing as Tala's own birthday had slipped her mind. Tala layed on her bed and stared at the ceiling closing her eyes and letting her breathing slow down slowly falling asleep with music playing through her ear buds. Mai peeked into Tala's room and nodded to the others as they all sat down talking in hushed tones. "Alright I think since tomorrow is her birthday we should have Naru take her out and distract her while the rest of us set up." Mai said and the others nodded in agreement except for Monk who seemed to think. "What if she wants to come back I mean it is her house?" Monk piped in and John nodded before Ayako smiled."Well its not like we can't keep her busy at work." She said and Lin nodded with Masako leaning on John. "Of course she has been gone for a week so she must of a lot of work." Mai said letting out a small laugh. "If that isn't enough then Naru will just take her on a date." Gene said seeing as how Luella insisted he come to Japan with his brother and soon to be sister. "What if I don't want to take her on a date?" Naru protested and he felt a small push but looked over to see no one sitting behind him. "What the?" He questioned and Masako let out a giggle along with Mai. "Would you like to tell everyone what is so funny?" Lin asked and Mai just giggled shaking her head in a small no motion but having Gene look to burst into laughter. "What is so funny?" Ayako asked and then looked behind Naru to see what looked like Tala but she was different slightly. She had her hair in a bun and she looked slightly younger then her next to the girl stood a little boy with black hair like the girl's with crimson eyes but he looked like a little kid. "Who are they?" Ayako asked with a small shiver. Naru turned around and a small gasp escaped his lips. "Layla? Shade?" He questioned the two behind him and they laughed. "Yeah Na~ru?" Layla said dragging out his name. "How are you here?" Lin asked and Layla looked down letting out a small sad chuckle. "Well Tala may not have told you but we are both sorta well dead." Layla said continuing to look down and Naru looked over at Mai, Masako, and Gene. "Did you two know this?" He asked and they all nodded. He let out a small sigh and they heard a small noise of somebody moving come from Tala's room. Peaking into the door they watched her shift in her sleep hearing her music from the ear buds and Naru chuckled lightly. "Still the same can't sleep without her music."
A/n Yay Two chapters in the same week but my updates will be getting slower. Any way thanks for reading