Chapter 4: Layla's toll

~Aki's Pov~
I looked around the room at the sleeping beings and noticed Naru was a bit close to Mai. I felt another shoot of pain and sat down on the floor looking over everyone while they slept and smiled. "Sorry guys I have to go somewhere." I mumbled. I got up and healed myself quickly and walked out of the room and checked myself out of the hospital leaving the sleeping SPR team in the hospital room. I slowly walked home and got in the door looking around the apartment quickly to burst into tears after closing the door behind me.
~Mai's Pov~
I woke up and looked around to see everyone but Aki. "Guys get up Aki isn't here." I said rubbing my eyes and watching the others slowly wake up. "She was here when we got here and she was sleeping she couldn't have gotten far with those injuries." Ayako said looking around panicked. A nurse walked in and looked at us. "Ms.Tsukino left a little over an hour ago." She said looking at us. I got up and grabbed my bag. "Thank you miss." I said bowing slightly before dragging Ayako outside towards the house. "We have to go see her I just have a feeling she needs us." I mumbled to her walking closer to the house.
~At the house~
I walked in the door and looked around to see a note on the fridge. "Mai I need you to take over the psychic unit for a bit I have to go to england for something that can not be avoided I will be back in about a week just tell Kazuya and the others I had to go out on a long distance mission.~Aki." I read silently to myself before shoving the note into my pocket. "Ayako she isn't here." I said looking down at the floor.
~Aki's Pov~
I stared out the window of the private jet that I had my maid back in england call for me. The clouds seemed like they were at a standstill while we flew towards england getting closer to the mansion I grew up in. As it came into view I saw Lucy looking upset. This of course peaked my interest as we landed. "Lucy what's wrong?" I questioned her as I stepped out of the jet. "Well you see mistress its about Layla and Shade." She said and I looked confused. "What's wrong with my baby brother?" I questioned my voice raising slightly. "Well mis-mistress you see he umm he just passed away yesterday." She said and I stared baffled that not only was my sister gone but my 12 year old brother too. "Lucy I- let's go inside." I stammered walking towards the door.
~Mai's Pov~
My phone buzzed signaling that I got a text. I looked down and saw it was Aki. 'Mai I might be coming back early this mansion is to empty~Aki' I smiled at the text and looked at the others who still weren't excepting the first explanation. "Guys she just texted me she might be back early." I said smiling at them. They smiled brightly at me , except for Naru. "Where did you say she went?" He asked looking at me with his midnight blue eyes. "It was either England or Estonia." I said trying to think and Naru just nodded.
~Two days later.~
I was sitting at my desk at SPR and heard the sound of a car pulling up. "Hello welcome to SPR." I greeted not looking at the person. "Nice to see you too Mai." I heard Aki say patting my head. I looked up at her and she gave me a small smile that didn't reach her eyes. 'I wonder what happened in England.' I thought to myself. "Its none of your concern Mai." Aki said before sitting down in the chair next to my desk. "So I'm sorry about leaving you guys at the hospital its just I had some urgent business to take care of." Aki apologized not letting an ouce of emotion show. "Its fine plus if I were you I would talk to......" I was interrupted by somebody walking into the main room and I stared into Naru's dark blue eyes. "Hello Aki how was England?" He asked and she looked down at the ground. "We will talk about it later Naru." She said before standing up.