Chapter 11: Finding out

~Naru's Pov~
I walked into the science lab to see that it was empty of people. Looking around I walked closer to the red puddle. The smell of metallic drifting into my nose, I turned around to stare at the wall. "If you want her back then you have to try harder." I read. I looked around the room and then ran out the door towards the office to tell Lin. The base was quiet as the others started to come in and I whispered to Lin about the issue. "Hey where is Aki?" Mai asked first. I turned my head looking down. "Well we aren't sure." I said just above a whisper. My childhood friend that I fell in love with was missing and I couldn't do anything to help.
~Mai's Pov~
"Well we aren't sure." Naru said looking down in shame. Masako seemed to be deep in thought or something but then I heard a small voice. "Help I'm scared." It sounded like Tala but I wasn't sure. Masako's head shot up when that voice said something. "She destroyed a main source of the haunting but the others wanted revenge." Masako said in a quiet voice. "Please Naru, Mai anybody help me." The voice echoed through my head again and I focused on it. "Tala?" I questioned only to hear a sob of happiness. "Mai I need help I think I'm under the school I'm injured and I'm scared the.....its back." I heard her sob fear evident in her voice mixed with slight joy. I looked over at Masako and it seems as though she heard the conversation by the way she stared at me. "Naru I think I know where she is." I said and Masako nodded.
~Aki's Pov~
I was terrified I could hear the sounds of the next spirits footsteps getting closer. The man wore a lab coat and had a wicked smile planted on his pale face. "Now let's see what we can do." He cooed. Something hit my arm and blood gushed. My eyes closed in pain and fear and I heard him let out a growl. I opened my eyes slightly to see blood red walls around my body. The spirits pounded on the walls and I let out a scream.
~Mai's Pov~
I heard Tala scream and Naru and Lin seemed to bolt towards the sound the rest of us following behind them. Naru seemed to be going the fastest and I could hear Tala crying in my head. "Save me Mai I'm so scared." She sobbed. "Its alright we're coming Tala Naru is going full speed to save you." I answered her in my thoughts.