Chapter 2: Naru and Tala

~Naru's Pov~
I stared out the window of my office as Mai was doing her job and filing some papers and Lin was in his office. I heard the sound of the bell saying that somebody was here. "Aki aren't you supposed to be at the station?" Mai questioned and I just kept listening. "I'm sorry I just wanted to talk to your boss before I left for a small case over in Okinawa." I heard a familiar female voice say. "Tala?" I mumbled to myself before the door opened. "Naru Aki Tsukino is here to talk to you." Mai said and I turned to stare at my childhood friend and my first crush. "Alright Mai get back to work and I will talk to her." I said and Mai nodded leaving. "Noll its nice to see you I knew from seeing Lin that you would be here." Tala said pushing her black hair to the side. "Well I wouldn't have been able to mentally talk to you if I wasn't here." I answered her and she smiled. "So is Gene still in the coma?" Tala asked looking down and I nodded. "Where is Layla?" I asked and Tala froze looking at the ground before tears started to fall from her beautiful crimson eyes. "I'm sorry Tala you don't have to answer." I said walking closer to her and pulling her into a hug. "She is in a coma too." Tala said putting her head on my shoulder.
~Aki's Pov~
I pulled away from Naru and gave him a light smile. "I'm happy your back Naru." I said kissing his cheek lightly. "But if your feelings aren't the same as before its fine." I mumbled walking out the door not even turning to see the look of despair in his eyes but I knew it was there. "Naru call me if you need anything." I said putting my number on Mai's desk before I left. I got into my car and drove off to Okinawa for my case not knowing the dangers that waited for me.
~Okinawa two hours later~
I stared out my window to stare at the house I was supposed to take care of. "Layla let's go check it out." I mumbled only to get a nod from my sister and I walked into the house feeling the spirits get curious. "Hello? I want to help you." I said calmly to them. "Help us..." They whined and I smiled. "Of course I will." I answered I closed my eyes and started to glow red while saying somethings in an unknown language. The red glow seemed to burst and I was thrown to the ground as the spirits all turned golden and floated away. "Tala rest a bit then you can go home." Layla said petting my head lightly as the lights faded to black.
~Naru's Pov~
I stayed in my office as Mai walked in smiling lightly. "Naru umm Aki she is in Okinawa and asked to talk to you on the phone." She said and I nodded picking up the phone. "Hello?" I asked and I heard heavy breathing on the other side. "Noll Tala is passed out on the ground and she's bleeding and I don't know what to do." I heard Layla say panicked. "Layla aren't you in London?" I asked. She let out a laugh over the phone. "Naru I am an astral projection." She said still giggling lightly. "L-Layla who are you talking to?" I heard Tala ask in the background. "Nobody really." Layla lied to her sister. "Never mind she will be back soon bai Naru." Layla said before hanging. I looked down at the phone and sighed putting it back on the receiver. "Wow so Layla is like Gene." I thought staring at my computer.
~Aki's Pov~
I groaned in pain as I pulled into the driveway for my house. "Layla I'm going to bed we are discussing that phone call later." I growled walking into the house being stopped by the smell of metallic and the house looking torn to pieces. "Hello?" I questioned looking around. Not getting a response I walked farther in. I felt something shoot past me and it cut my arm a bit and I bit my lip trying not to scream in pain. "Well Hello!" A male voice said and he seemed happy. "Wh-who are you?" I stuttered out. "My name.....my name is Jeffrey." He answered laughing. I looked over the male seeing how he looked about my age. He wore a white hoodie with a black T-shirt underneath and jeans. "Jeffrey I'm Aki Tsukino. I want to help you and send you to live with the rest of your family." I said softly to the spirit. "My family? Ha I killed them myself and you would look beautiful joining them." Jeffrey cooed. "J-Jeff you can pass on and not have to be stuck here." I said smiling lightly. Another object flew towards me stabbing me in my arm. "Jeffrey I don't want to have to do this." I growled staring into his eyes. "You can't do anything to me." He laughed throwing once again another knife and hitting me in the stomach. "Fine you asked for it.." I said my eyes glowing and I was surrounded in a crimson glow as I watched Jeffrey shatter.