Chapter 5: Case 1 together

~Aki's Pov~
I sat down and stared out the window watching people walk by. I tried to forget about what had happened in england but my mind kept drifting to Shade and why he didn't come and tell me. "Aki, Hey Aki?" I heard Mai questioning next to me. "Oh yeah sorry Mai what's up?" I questioned and she smiled at me. "We have a case at an old hotel that was just bought but some odd things are happening there. Here read the file." She said and I nodded grabbing the file. "Aki is there something wrong?" Mai asked turning me towards her. "Uh Mai well maybe I should well....Let's talk later." I stammered. She nodded a bit confused that something managed to make me stammer. "So about this case when do we leave?" I asked changing the subject. "Tomorrow morning and Naru is sending us home early." Mai said and I nodded getting up. I have to go check out something at the station but I will meet you home." I said smiling at her before I left.
~At the police station~
I went into my office and went through my notes and looked for and files related to the one we were going on. My hand slipped and my notebook fell on the floor opening to a random page. I picked it up and scanned the page. "Yes that is perfect." I squealed scribbling in another journal. After I was done I grabbed a couple files and my notebooks.
~Back at Mai and Aki's House~
I walked in the house and looked at the clock to see it was around 10:00pm. "Mai you still up?" I questioned. "Yeah I'm in my room." She called back and I walked into her room. "So please don't tell Ayako, Monk, John, or Masako this yet but.... My name isn't actually Aki Tsukino." I said looking at the ground. "My real name is Taliana Jones I'm a psychic from england." She gasped at my words. "You mean the Taliana Jones who threw a ten pound cement block into a wall with only her mind?" Mai asked extremely excited. "Yeah that Taliana." I answered giving a weak smile. She jumped up off her bed and hug tackled me to the ground. "Oh my gosh we have to tell Naru at least!" She squealed and I laughed a bit. "He already knows we were childhood friends." I said smiling at her. "So that means Lin knows too?" She asked and I nodded. Mai slowly got off me and stared at me. "So why have you been out of it?" She questioned. "My sister and brother both died while I was here in Japan doing a mission." I mumbled. She gasped and hugged me. "And your parents?" She asked. "Dead a while back." I murmured staring at the ground. She let out a small gasp before hugging me. "But on a different topic we need to sleep and tell each other of we a dream because I have a few hints from the station." I said pushing her on her bed. I stood up and went to my own bed.
~Aki's Dream~
I was in my bed and two men came into my room grabbing either side of me. I struggled to move but it was like some sort of paralysis. I let out a small whimper as I was dragged down a few flights of stairs and into a room that smell of blood. The two men threw me onto a metal table and started cutting me up limb by limb until the finished by cutting off my head.
~Aki's Pov~
I woke up to hear Mai screaming I got up and quickly ran to her room shaking the girl. "Did we have the same dream?" I asked her. She gave me a small nod. "Yeah I think so." She murmured. We both got up getting dressed and ate while I scribbled the dream in detail in a notebook while comparing it to other notes in my journal.