Chapter 2: Found

I woke up to the rain pattering on my window. I needed to pack, like ASAP. I grabbed a duffle and began shoving my clothes, my £60 ($81 in American money, thanks Millie for that conversion) and a lot more. I grabbed my poncho and put it on. I grabbed my duffle and raided the cupboard and it was 10am. My mom came out. "Ready to go and start a new life?"

"I guess, but I'm nervous."

"Trust your gut, okay?"

I headed out of the flat for the last time, closed the door, put on my headphones and began playing the soundtrack of Hamilton. Hearing "It's Quiet Uptown" broke me, since I was leaving the flat for the last time in my life.

I quickly found a route to the Arts Theater on Great Newport Street, just a 30-minute walk (or a 15-minute ride on a double-decker bus). I got off at Great Newport Street just as it started to rain.

I quickly got under the SIX sign and began singing "Heart of Stone" just to make a few pounds and hopefully someone will find me. "You've got a good heart, but I know it changes. A restless tide, untamable..."

I let the power of the words sink in, and began being Jane Seymour, like Natalie in those YouTube videos I watched. I even made £8 just from that song! It's not like I'm homeless, it's just I love singing, and I'm really good.

As soon as I hit that high E, a shadow emerged. I stopped singing, placed my music in my duffle and quickly cowered, thinking it was some strange person wanting to kidnap me.

Natalie's POV

Two show day. Super great. I had finished the first show, about to get some water when I heard one of the most beautiful voices in all of London. "Did you hear that?" I asked Maiya, who was grabbing a bite from the refrigerator in our dressing room.

"Huh?" Maiya asked.

"I heard something." I said.

"I heard it too." Aimie agreed.

"You should go and check it out." Genesis suggested, popping the door open.

"Thanks."

Wolfie, Aimie and Gen's puppy, ran out and headed with Gen. "I just love her so much..." Aimie sighed happily.

"It was all because of this musical. And I have the best mate in the world."

I headed outside, hearing her finish her song. Her high E sounded a lot similar to mine. She's talented!

Liz's POV

The shadow came closer. I cowered further. "You're so talented, girl!"

I looked up. IT WAS NATALIE PARIS OHMYGOSH. Her blonde locks the same length as my neatly trimmed dark brown hair. "Oh, thanks." Was all I could say. I was starstruck. My life started looking up, right here at the Arts Theater. Millie would freak out if she found out I was with Natalie at the theater. But I'll tell her later.

Thanks for reading!