Chapter 35: Fourteen

School just let out (my school operates on the American schedule because its founders were American), so I was officially on summer vacation! It was now June 5, my birthday (and also Aimie's too)! I picked up my phone and texted her.

Liz: Happy Birthday, birthday twin!

Queen: Thanks, Liz. Happy birthday to you as well, birthday twin!

I headed out of my bedroom and hanging on my chair was number balloons with '14' written on them. "HAPPY FOURTEENTH, LIZ!" Mom and Fiona exclaimed.

"Happy birthday. Love you to the moon." Fiona giggled.

"Love you to the universe and back." I gushed.

"Ahem, the waffles are getting cold!" Mom butted in.

"Thanks Mom. What are we going to do today?" I asked.

"We'll have a small party for you and Aimie at the Arts Theater." Mom explained. "And Aimie has a surprise for you."

The three of us headed to the Arts. As soon as I walked in, a black, fluffy German Spitz came up to me. "You got a new dog?" I asked.

"Yep. Her name's Magic."

Magic was a massive ball of black fluff. I just adored her. "Happy fourteenth, Lizzie!" Grace exclaimed as she wrapped me in a hug.

"Thanks, Grace. I'm going to miss you so much!"

"Me too, Lizzie. You know you can call or text me, right?"

"I know, Grace."

I was then showered with a bunch of gifts. Mostly SIX merchandise, I guessed: t-shirts, phone grips, earrings, you name it, they had it. Also, we'd gotten a new cast member, Shaka. Natalie told her that I was lesbian a few days ago, and Shaka got almost everything with the lesbian flag on it. "What now?" I asked, carrying the presents to Mom's dressing room.

"BIRTHDAY LUNCH!" Lexi exclaimed. "For the birthday girls!"

"Lex, shut up." Aimie groaned.

We then headed to the Theater Cafe (they wanted me to see the SIX related things there). "Hello, how many?"

"We have a reservation for 'Paris'?" Mom said.

"Brilliant! Right this way!"

We all followed behind the hostess. We were about to sit at the Les Mis table when Shaka butted in, "Can we move to the SIX-themed booth please?"

"Are you here for an event?" She asked.

"No, just two birthdays." Vicki said. Aimie and I blushed.

"I'm so sorry. Let me move you there. And you are...?"

"The cast of SIX! Do you know who we are?" Millie asked.

After all that drama, we are at the SIX-themed booth, all pulled out to fit all twelve of us. Mom got us started with waters. There were little musical trivia cards on the table. "Musical trivia! I love these!" Grace squealed, pulling the card holder towards her.

"How about we let the birthday girls start?" Mom said, sliding the box to me and Aimie.

I drew a card from the box. "Okay, first one...The musical West Side Story, which tells the story of rival gangs in New York City's Upper West Side, is based on which Shakespeare play?" I asked.

"OH, OH I KNOW THIS ONE!" Grace exclaimed.

"Alright..." Collette groaned.

"Romeo and Juliet! Isn't it obvious?"

"Alright, next question." Aimie said, drawing a card from the box. "Okay, Natalie, this one's for you. Which pop legend wrote the music for Billy Elliot: The Musical, which enjoyed huge success in the West End and on Broadway?"

"I completely forgot. Uh...is it, Elton John?"

"Ding ding ding ding!" Aimie exclaimed, and I chuckled.

We then ordered (pizzas for all of us) and continued playing the trivia game. It was Maiya's turn. "I think this is related to us. Who is the first female director on the West End?"

"LUCY MOSS!" We all squealed in excitement.

Our pizzas arrived, and we devoured them. As we were about to order milkshakes (the SIX ones, of course), Aimie told me that we would be going to a nail salon to get mani-pedis after the cake and milkshakes. Then the cakes got brought out. "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday Liz and Aimie. Happy birthday to you!" Everyone sang, and Aimie and I blew out the candles.

Aimie's cake said, "Happy Birthday Aimie!" with pink and green frosting (green's her favorite color) with a small K Howard stencil. Mine said "Happy Birthday Liz!" in purple with a silver crown with the number 14 written in it. As we were about to cut the cakes, our waitress came back. "Would you guys like some milkshakes?"

"Should I say it?" Vicki asked.

I nodded. "Thirteen of the 'Divorced, Beheaded, Died' milkshakes, with custom coloring for me, Courtney, Collette, Shaka and Grace, please!" Vicki said.

"What colors?"

"Light blue for me, dark gray for Grace, orange for Courtney, cool gray for Collette, mahogany for Shaka, and lavender for Elizabeth.

"Jaye'J will have yellow, Millie will take the green, Natalie will have the dark purple, Lexi will take the bright red, Aimie will take the pink, and Maiya would like the dark blue."

The milkshakes were delicious and before I knew it, I was off to the nail salon with Aimie. "Just a birthday girls treat?" I asked as we arrived at the nail salon.

"Yeah. I also want you to look your best when you're in Paris next week."

"That's right! I'm so excited. It's my first time going out of England." I exclaimed, fidgeting with my Hebrew name necklace.

We then walked in, and Aimie and I picked out matching nail polish. Soon after, we were at the theater, and I finally opened my presents. Later, as we were about to have the sleepover, Aimie said the words I will never forget for the rest of my life. "Will you be my goddaughter?"

I was shocked. I was so happy. "Is that a yes?" Aimie asked.

"A THOUSAND TIMES YES!" I exclaimed, hugging her.

Hi guys,
I am so so sorry for not updating sooner. School just started for me, and I've had little inspiration.
Thanks for reading!