Chapter 5: Shopping Day

Nat and I took the London Underground to get to her flat. We arrived shortly after 10pm and she opened the door. Unlike earlier today, it was backstage. Now I was surrounded by a white-walled, rustic vibe- flat and it totally says "Natalie" from the inside out. "What do you think Liz?"

"It's gorgeous. I love it."

She led me her guest bedroom. "Restroom's right across the hall, if you need anything just let me know, okay? I want you to feel at home."

I nodded. I set my duffle on the ground and began unpacking. I was beginning to finally be who I truly was. At home, without my parents driving me crazy. Natalie might actually become my new mother. I thought about this as I fell asleep.

I was tossing and turning, thinking about if my parents found about my moving in with Nat, and if they wanted me back. My parents signed away everything, but acted like nothing was wrong. What if Nat did that to me? No, she'd guide me every step of the way. I've lost my sense of family, but worried I would lose Nat, forever, especially since she found me a few hours ago.

I wasn't sure what time it was when I heard a knock at the door. "Liz? Are you awake?" Nat asked through the door.

"I'll be up in a few minutes, okay."

"Just letting you know there's blueberry waffles for breakfast. Paris family recipe."

How could I miss out on Natalie's family's blueberry waffles? I slid on my favorite checkered jumper (sweater), some jeans and slid on my trainers (sneakers) while Nat finished getting the last waffle out of the waffle iron. "What are we doing today?" I asked as she poured me some tea.

"We're taking you shopping. A perfect welcome gift from us to you."

I nodded. "When are we going?" I asked, trying to scrape a smushed blueberry on my fork.

"Whenever you're ready. Let me know and I'll let the girls know."

After I finished my waffle, we were on our way to the Arts Theater. Before I knew it, all ten of us (Me, Jaye'J, Millie, Nat, Lexi, Aimie, Maiya, Grace, Vicki and Collette) were crammed in a double decker bus, heading to the London Shopping Centre. Aimie was showing me some funny videos of Wolfie that Gen took, Millie kept me cracking up the whole time and Nat finally made me smile in over two months, since Mom lost her work. Before long, we arrived. "Anything I should be concerned about, budget-wise?" I asked, as it was normal for me to ask.

"Shopping's on us. Don't worry about that okay?" Jaye'J said.

After three hours, I had a new wardrobe, cell phone, and accessories. It felt great having no limits for the first time in my life. While we were eating lunch and I was telling Collette and Millie about Millie, Maiya had an idea: "Why don't you invite Millie to come backstage tonight so Vicki, Grace and Collette can meet her?" She suggested.

"Mates, you just met her over the phone yesterday!" I giggled. "All right, I'll phone her."

I picked up my phone and called her. "Liz, what do you want?"

"Do you wanna come backstage tonight?" Vicki said, fixing her earring.

"Who's that?" Millie asked, pointing to Vicki.

"That's Vicki Manser. She, Grace Mouat and Collette Guitart want to meet you tonight. Do you wanna come?"

Millie's jaw dropped. "I guess that's a yes!" Lexi exclaimed.

"See you tonight! Be at the Arts Theater by 3pm!"

I nung up and we did some more shopping. I then got a diary with "Liz" on it, and a bunch of photo booth strips with the girls. This was probably the best day of my life.

Thank you so much for reading!