Chapter 42: Georgia Ashton

Middle of September 2019

It was another school day. Aimie's taking me to the theatre after school today, and I couldn't wait. I found my friends outside the Upper Secondary building. "When do you think the new kid is coming?" Millie asked.

"Grace told me the middle of September. She didn't specify an exact date." I replied, adjusting my Drama pin on my blazer lapel.

"Hopefully soon." Bailey added. "I can't wait to meet them."

But then the bell rang, and it was time for form. As soon as I sat down, I heard "Elizabeth Paris, please come down to the front office."

"Is this about switching back to 'Abrams'?" Bailey asked.

"No, Natalie managed to change my school record. She convinced the headmaster to change it."

"Good luck!" Acadia whispered, giving me a thumbs up.

I left my backpack and headed to the front office. There, I saw a girl with black hair the same length as Bailey's in uniform. That's gotta be her, I thought. (I'm literally taking this from Chapter 4 of Show Me Love because I am combining the two storylines) "Hi, I'm Elizabeth, and you can call me Liz." I said.

"Umm...I'm Georgia Ashton, and I just moved here from Chicago last week." She said. "Wait, are you Liz Paris?"

"Yes, that's me." I said.

"My foster mom's understudy talks about you all the time!" She said.

"Who's your foster mom? I think I might know her."

"Cassidy Janson." She replied.

Georgia then stood up. I peeked at her schedule. "Lucky for you, Georgia, we're in the same form!" I said excitedly.

"What's that?" Georgia asked. "Is it like Homeroom?"

"It's where you have a teacher that helps you and you're with a group of kids in your year..."

"So it's like Homeroom." Georgia said. "Sorry, I know American slang can trip you up."

"No, no, no it's fine! Let's take you to form." I said.

As we were walking down the hallway, I asked, "What was Chicago like?"

"Oh, it was nice. Every summer, I went to Lake Michigan with my aunt. That was probably the best part of living there. I lived really close to Cicero, but I was still in the Chicago city limits."

"That's really cool."

"I only grew up with my aunt. My parents disappeared after I was born and my aunt died a few months ago. I didn't want to stay in Chicago, so I'm here now."

"Oh no! I'm so sorry, Georgia!" I replied.

We then arrived in the classroom. "Welcome back Liz! And you have our new student!" My teacher said.

I gave Georgia a thumbs up. "Hi, I'm Georgia, and I just immigrated here from Chicago." She said nervously.

"Ha! Another American!" Mitchell Carter, the most annoying person in the class, said. He was the first one to tease me about getting adopted by Natalie in the middle of last year.

"Mr. Carter, be nice." My teacher said. "Welcome, Georgia! Have a seat over with Liz."

As my teacher droned on about being respectful to the new kid (ahem, Georgia), I introduced her to my friends. "Georgia, this is Millie Daniels. Millie's also American. Those are Bailey Hunt, Acadia Gross and Fiona Lowell. Millie, Bailey, Acadia, Fiona, this is Georgia Ashton."

"Hi." Georgia said shyly.

And then the bell rang. I had Philosophy. "If it weren't for Grace I wouldn't be here!" Georgia said as we were heading off to drop her off at her Spanish class.

"Did Cassidy apply for you to come here while you were still in Chicago?" I asked.

"I think when she got the letter that she would be fostering me, she turned to Grace and Grace told her about Ashbeck. She said there were still late enrollments available. I didn't visit because I was still in America when I got in. I got a weekend tour shortly after I arrived here in London." Georgia explained.

"Did you take Spanish back in America?"

"Yep. I left off in Spanish II."

"See you at break?"

"Yeah!"

I then headed off to Philosophy in a good mood.

Hi everyone,
Hope you are liking Georgia so far! I took the introduction part form chapter 4 of my Adopted by & Juliet book because Georgia is the main character and I am merging the two storylines.
Anyways, thanks for reading!