Chapter 34: The Party (2)

"Girls! You look lovely!" Mom exclaimed as the lights flickered on.

"Thanks, Natalie." I heard a familiar voice say.

"Bailey? Millie? Acadia? Is that you?" I asked.

"Um, where should we put the gifts?" Miss Gross, Acadia's mother, asked.

"We haven't put up the signs yet! Liz, Fiona, Millie, Bailey, Acadia? Can you two be in charge of that?" Mom asked as she was trying to find the gift table.

"Sure!"

"The layout is by the DJ booth! The people won't know where to put the stuff. And the card box should be near where we'll have the children's buffet..."

Now my mom was going overboard. "Mom, I think you're going a bit overboard." I said, laying out the thin, gold runner for the table marked "candy bar"

Mom took a deep breath. "I haven't thrown a party like this before I want it to be perfect, kiddo, and that makes organization a priority. Just like when I took you in. I'm sorry, sweetie." She said, kissing me on the forehead.

Mom then got out the runners from the gift table, and we laid them out. "Liz? Natalie? We're here!" Aimie exclaimed. "We had to leave Wolfie home."

"Gift table is right where we are. The card box is here, drop your gift, and you can help us set up."

As soon as I said, "Set up," Maiya and her boyfriend arrived. "Liz, this is my boyfriend, Jack. Jack this is the bat mitzvah girl, Liz. Her real name is Elizabeth." Maiya exclaimed

"What's up, Liz!" Jack exclaimed

"Hi, Jack. It's nice to meet you." I chuckled.

"Cute dress, boo!" Maiya said. "I'll drop the gift off, and we'll go help."

Grace and her boyfriend Josh came next. Then Jaye'J, Millie, and Lexi. About five minutes after Lexi arrived, the DJ showed up. "Paris, Natalie?" The DJ asked as I was artfully arranging the gifts into a nice pile.

"That's me! You can go set up right in front of the dance floor."

While the DJ was getting hooked up and testing the mics, Vicki and her girlfriend arrived. "VICKIIIII!" I squealed.

"LIZ!" Vicki exclaimed, wrapping me in a big hug.

"You did a FANTASTIC job this morning!" Frankie added.

Then the rest of the cast arrived, the photo booth and the DJ stand were up and running, and before I knew it, the caterer arrived. We would be having an Italian buffet for the kids and the adults would be having a quesadilla and taco bar. Shortly after we got the Meet and Greet booth set up, almost everyone started filing in: my classmates, my aunts and Uncle Matt, Toby and Lucy, and my grandparents. "ALRIGHT EVERONE! TIME FOR THE GRAND INTRODUCTION!" The DJ announced.

I waved a quick goodbye to my friends and headed out to where the tunnel would be starting. I took a deep breath, and before I knew it, the DJ said into his microphone, "PLEASE WELCOME ELIZABETH PARIS!"

Everyone was celebrating as I ran under. My BFFs were the last four people and then the party started. I walked over to the DJ booth, just as he was about to say what everything was there to do. "We have a photo booth, complete with props. Also, our lady of honor has a special treat for everyone!"

I slowly took a deep breath. "As you may know, I was adopted by the cast of SIX the Musical, and what would it be like if you met them? They'll be around the room the whole evening, and you can talk to them anytime!" I explained as the crowd (well, my other classmates) went wild.