Chapter 21: Bailey

I had been a Paris for a week now. Sometimes my teachers still call me "Abrams" though I say it's "Paris"! Nat really needs to get my school records changed. I felt a bit more confident than before. My parents were halfway across the world, so I was safe.

I was relaxing on the couch when my phone buzzed. "Love! Your phone buzzed!" Nat exclaimed from the kitchen. It was an email!

Dear Elizabeth Paris,
You have been selected for the 2019 Maccabi Team London dance team. We are looking forward to seeing you Tuesday evening for our first rehearsal and information session.

All the best,
Maccabi Team London

I couldn't believe my eyes. I was chosen for the dance team!!! "NATALIE! I'M ON THE MACCABI TEAM!"

"That's amazing love! I'm so so happy for you!" Nat said, hugging me. "When's the first rehearsal?"

"Tuesday evening. And there's an info session too. Parents have to be there."

"What time?"

"I think either five or six. I know you have a show at seven, so can Courtney, Grace, Collette or Vicki pick me up?"

"I'll let them know."

I texted Millie and Fiona.

Liz: I GOT ON THE MACCABI TEAM!!

Millie: THATS MY BESTIE!!!

Fiona: YES!

Millie: Fifi we haven't seen you in forever!! Where are you?

Fiona: I'm moving.

Liz: To where?

Fiona: Canada

Liz: PLEASE SAY NOT TORONTO

Fiona: No, Vancouver.

Millie: DON'T LEAVE!!!

Fiona: I'm leaving London next week. We need someone to take my spot in WSS.

Liz: NOOOOOOOOO 😭😭

Well, that just sucks. My other best friend is moving to Canada now. I tried to keep quiet about it and not let it go to waste.

The following day at school, I was called to the office. "Elizabeth Abrams, please report to the office."

They're still calling me Abrams, though now it's PARIS! "Yes, do you need anything?"

"We have a new student here, her name is Bailey, she used to go to the Academy of London, she likes to dance. Can you be her friend for us?"

I nodded. I wonder what this Bailey would be like. Would she be sweet, or a crazy mean girl? Coming to Ashbeck sounds scary to her. The she walked in. She had the longest blonde hair I had ever seen. She reminded me of Natalie. "Are you Bailey?" I asked.

"Yes. That's me. Bailey Hunt. You are Elizabeth Paris?"

Finally someone who gets my last name right! "I'm Elizabeth, and I prefer to be called Liz or Lizzie."

"Are you on the Maccabi team for dance?" Bailey asked. "I knew I saw your name on the list."

"I am."

We walked to class together, and before I knew it, it was lunchtime. "Hey Millie, can Bailey eat with us? She's new to Ashbeck."

Millie nodded. "Millie Daniels, this is Bailey Hunt. Bailey, this is Millie Daniels. Millie is American."

We all sat down. "How long have you been in London for?" Millie asked.

"Nine or ten years. I'm actually from Ireland. Northern Ireland. Belfast."

Bailey seemed really nice. She has one older sister at university in Ireland, studying British Law. She has two moms, who were both lawyers. I still can't believe that someone who goes to my school is on my dance team! "Liz, you got adopted last weekend right?" Bailey asked.

"Yeah. Nat still hasn't changed my school records yet. We need to soon, or I'll be called 'Abrams' for the rest of my life."

"Are you talking about Natalie Paris?" Bailey asked.

I nodded. Bailey continued on. "She and my Mama went to RADA together. My Mom was born in Scotland, my Mama in Manchester, met in high school, Mom moved to Ireland, Mama got her degree from RADA, they reunited in Shannon, moved to Belfast, then had my sister and me and then before my sister started primary school, we moved to London. My Mama still keeps in touch with Natalie."

"Have you met Natalie?" I asked.

"No. If I did, I was probably a baby."

"Do you want to come backstage tonight? I can ask. Natalie allows most people. You'll also meet the rest of the cast too."

I texted Nat.

Liz: Can my new friend Bailey come backstage tonight?

Nat/Mom: All right. Does Millie want to come as well?

"Millie, Nat's asking if you want to come as well. As long as we get you home by eleven. We know your mom's rules."

"Yeah."

Nat/Mom: Is Fiona coming too?

Liz: She can't. She's moving to Canada in a few days.

Nat/Mom: That's a bummer.

Liz: Also, Millie says she can come.

I put my phone in my backpack, trying to stay under the radar. At least I have a new friend! Then Fiona called. "Fifi, what are you doing? We're still in school!" I asked.

"I'm leaving London tonight. I'm saying my last goodbye."

"Bye Fiona!! We'll miss you!"

I hung up and finished my lunch. It was only a half day, so I went straight to my locker and packed up. It was Thursday, so the theater wasn't open. "The theater isn't open yet, so we'll hang at Nat's apartment this afternoon until the show. She knows it's a half day."

"How far is Nat from here?"

"Fifteen-minute walk. At least I moved somewhere close to here!" I said.

We go to the apartment. I turned the key and opened the door. "Nat! We're home!" I called.

"Hi love. How was school? The half day?"

"It was good. Nat, this is Bailey. Bailey, this is Nat."

Nat and Bailey stared at each other. "Are you the daughter of Kim Jones-Hunt and Diane Hunt?" Nat asked Bailey.

"Yeah." Bailey admitted.

"It's wonderful to see you again! You too Millie!"

The afternoon went pretty smoothly. Then the show came. It went great, and Bailey LOVED being with Maiya the most.

Sorry my writing was super bad this chapter. I was writing this chapter in quarantine in Israel, and then I had major writers block.
Thanks for reading!!