Chapter 4: The Show

The sun had just set, though it's only 4:37 in the afternoon (the sun sets before 5pm in London in the winter!). I don't have to stay in the Arts Theater tonight AND I don't have to be out in the cold either! Yay!

A little while after supper, the show was about to start. "Good evening Six! Thank you 30!" The stage manager said over the speaker. "Liz? Before the show, I have some more people for you to meet." Jaye'J said, popping her head in.

"Who am I gonna meet?" I asked.

"The alternates. Vicki, Grace and Collette. They're some of the coolest girls I've met, no doubt. "

"Go on ahead. They're really cool." Maiya whispered encouragingly.

I walked out into the hall. "Vicki, Grace and Collette, this is Elizabeth, but she prefers to be called Liz. Liz, these are Vicki, Grace and Collette."

I could not believe my eyes. Right there in front of me were Vicki Manser, Grace Mouat and Collette Guitart. It was surreal! Grace covers all, Vicki covers all (very important, she told me) and Collette covers all, just like Vicki. Those three felt like family for sure.

"Thank you 5, ladies, thank you 5!" The stage manager rambled over the speaker.

"It was very nice meeting you Liz!" Grace said, tapping my shoulder.

"It was amazing meeting all three of you."

"Agreed." Vicki said, smoothing out her blonde hair.

"Break a leg!" I called to Nat as she went into the wings.

"Thanks! And do you want to come onstage for a short announcement after our 'Megasix'?"

"Yeah, of course!" I exclaimed, not knowing what this meant.

I then headed back to the lounge with Wolfie and Grace, and Gen turned on the monitor. Wolfie curled up in my lap and licked my hand. "I guess she likes me now?" I asked.

"Just like me and Aimie when we first got her." Gen said, stroking Wolfie with a gentle touch.

Collette had gotten us some popcorn before the intro finished. The intro to "No Way" began and Jaye'J SLAYED her monologue, and blew me away. When we got to "Heart of Stone", Natalie didn't just break me, her voice just made wander into a new world, where my talent was welcome.

Lexi's "Get Down" (and Gen lip-syncing to it) blew me away as always. Aimie killed "All You Wanna Do" and Vicki began singing it, and eventually so did I. During "I Don't Need Your Love", Grace gave me the cue to head into the wings since Natalie invited me up onstage for a special announcement. The "Are you ready? London, here we go!" Was my cue to walk onstage.

I tiptoed by the musicians and blended in with Joan, the keyboardist. "So mates, we found a teenage girl earlier today. We are so glad to say that she's officially part of the Six family!" Maiya said.

The crowd went wild. I had never gotten so much attention in my life. Today must have been a dream. After we all went backstage, I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I wasn't! I grabbed my duffle, slung it over my back and got ready to go. "Liz? You ready?" Nat asked.

"I suppose!"

"Let's go!"

Thank you so much for reading!