Chapter 26: Planning

"So basically, I have a feeling we'll win at least one Olivier. If not, there's always WhatsOnStage in a few years."

"Are you still going to do West End Live?" Millie asked.

"It's sometime in June, that's all I know. I remember watching it with my parents. This year, I'll be seeing it through the wings!" I exclaimed as Bailey with our new Anita, Acadia trotted over to our table.

Acadia had been living in London her whole life, but she was born in South Africa and came to London when she was adopted shortly after she turned six. "When's your bat mitzvah Liz?" Acadia asked.

"May 25. I'm currently working on planning the party. It's SIX themed. I've talked to the cast and they can do a 'Meet and Greet' for the guests. And also, I got them for free because they're my family, in a way."

"How long have you known them for?" Acadia asked, taking a bite of her soup.

"I was taken in in the middle of November 2018, and was adopted in February. By Natalie Paris, who is Jane Seymour in the musical. But the whole cast however, I've known them for four months."

"Liz, what's your bat mitzvah theme?" Millie asked.

"LIZ the musical. Like SIX. Because they're my family."

"How are you going to make it work? Where will it be?" Bailey asked, pulling out her computer.

"It'll be at Best Parties Ever. I know, super cliché name. We're still deciding on whom to the invite. There's you three, Fiona, my grandparents, Uncle Matt, the whole year, the cast and their families...who else? Your families, obviously. And the rest of the form."

"I think that might be it."

"Oh, and Acadia, my family wants to meet you. And they're helping me plan tonight. Wanna come? Millie, Bailey, you are always welcome."

"Perfect. Meet me at the front door when school ends. Today is Wednesday, so it's their day off. We're meeting at my place."

The rest of the afternoon flew by, and before I knew it, Bailey, Acadia and Millie were by the front entrance. I didn't see Natalie. "I totally forgot to tell Natalie that you three were coming over!! Ugh! She's gonna go mental!!"

"Is she on her way?" Millie asked, sliding her backpack strap up on her shoulder.

"I have to ask."

I pulled out my phone.

Liz: Are you on your way?

Nat/Mom: I'm stuck in traffic. About 10 minutes away.

Liz: Is it okay to have Millie, Bailey and Acadia over?

Nat/Mom: You don't need to ask. Love you!!

Liz: 😘😘

Nat/Mom: 😘😘😘

"She's about 10 minutes out, and she's says it's okay."

"How did she find you?" Acadia asked.

"It's a long story. So my birth parents kicked me out, I was outside the Arts Theater- they're moving to the Lyric soon- and I was singing 'Heart of Stone' for money. Soon enough, Natalie found me, and yeah. That's it!"

Then Nat's car pulled up. "Hi love! And also hi Millie and Bailey! And hi...Liz's other friend."

"Nat, this is Acadia. Acadia, this is Natalie."

"Very nice to meet you Acadia. Did you work on some of the planning?"

"We have an entire Google Doc written up with ideas!" Bailey exclaimed.

"Can't wait to hear it!"

We got to then flat. "So this is Acadia, she's the new Anita in the play, and she wanted to come help out." I spat out.

Lexi looked at Acadia like she was a stranger. "Lex, uh, she's my friend..."

"WOOHOO!! YOU'RE MAKING NEW FRIENDS!!!" Lexi exclaimed (yes this is TOTALLY Lexi)

"As I was saying, we started planning ideas for the party."

"Let's hear them!" Vicki exclaimed, running her fingers through her hair.

"The theme will be LIZ the Musical. Time from 7-11:30." I explained.

"Mmhmm, I'm all ears."

"We'll be inviting the whole year, all of you and your families, Mimi, Papa, Uncle Matt, Toby and Lucy, my friend Fiona who'll fly in from Canada, my Aunt Liana and my Auntie Madison."

"Who are your Aunt Liana and Auntie Madison?" Millie asked, writing down the guest list.

"So when I was kicked out, I was supposed to go live with them in Birmingham. I couldn't move in with her because CPS hadn't arranged it yet. For me to move in with her."

"And we're also thinking of doing a little 'Meet and Greet' for the guests who don't know you." Bailey added.

"And we're going to have a candy bar, a photo booth, and sweatshirts as a giveaway." Millie added in, scrolling through the doc.

"What about music?" Aimie asked.

"We're thinking of a DJ or the Ladies-in-Waiting. We're not sure yet."

"That's their night off because the theater is closed because of your bat mitzvah." Maiya butted in.

"So, a DJ?" Acadia asked.

We all nodded.

"Perfect! I'll get the invitation designs to Lucy and see what she can do!"

We all breathed a massive sigh of relief. Planning was done, now we just had to see what would happen next.

Hi there. I am so sorry I haven't been able to update in a long time. I had to finish up middle school (it's summer for me, yay). I'll be MIA for about three weeks because I'll be at summer camp.
Also, 1K reads?! Y'all are the best!!!
Thanks for reading!