Chapter 1

Lanea's POV

I woke expecting to be hit with the scent of pancakes and bacon but instead was hit with the sound of Kirk Franklin blasting in my ears.

I close my eyes and my door burst open. I thought that thing was locked.

"You are still sleeping at this time of the day?"

My mother.

"Good morning Mommy."

"Good morning Lanea. Now go downstairs and wear gloves you already know what time it is." she said as she left my room.

Normally we would go to church but we went yesterday for some reason so my mom said we are staying home. I went downstairs and started doing my chores .

2 hours later

I was finally done. I wonder why my parents bought such a big house when there are only 3 people living in it but they pay the bills so not my problem.

Anyways I took a shower and sent a text to my friend asking if she wanted to go out.

#1

Me
Do you wanna go shopping with me

Ryan
Didn't we just go yesterday

Me
Well yh but I forgot to buy somethings and I wanna go shopping

Ryan
Sure since you desperately want me to go😌

Me
Don't start feeling urself i have other hoes I  could ask

Ryan
Like who... Giovanni

I blocked her. Seconds pass then I get a notification from her on instagram asking me to unblock her so I did.

Ryan
Woow

Me
Stfu Ill meet you in front of the mall at 1pm

Ryan
Okay see you there

We became friends during the last weeks of school and over the summer we really became closer and we are both Nigerian so you already know.

Moving on, I checked the weather app and saw it was 22degrees outside so I decide to wear what I always wear.

After my outfit was on I just arranged my goddess braids and headed downstairs. I opened the fridge and contemplate on what to eat and if I should eat now or when we get to the mall. Then I heard a voice.

"It's because you pay the electricity bill that's why you are leaving the fridge open like this." my dad said sarcastically.

"Sorry." I said and just got out a cupcake to eat on the road.