Chapter 18

Lanea's POV

"I know i am just don't know who yet." He responds and slouches into the couch.

I think for a moment and decide to call my parents home.

"Amina why are you calling me at this time don't you know I have work." My moms says

"I miss you too."

"What do you want?" she says sighing

"Akwai damwa. Ku zo mana de dan Allah."
There's a problem. You guys should please come.

"Tau. Ina zuwa." She responds and ends the call.
Okay I'm coming

"What language was that." He asked curiously

"Hausa"

"I got a message on paper." He says while bringing out the paper from his pocket and handing it to me.

"I'm not sure what language it is but maybe from the assortment of languages you know you could understand."

I take the paper and look at it.

"That's the same one I got. It means 'the one who asks will never get lost' whatever that means" I say

The room was filled with silence.

Just as I was about to speak the door swung open and my parents walked.

"Giovanni's here?" My dad questions when dropping his things on the counter.

"You finally decided to bring him over." My mom responds while taking other shoes.

"Yh. Umm Giovanni's is trouble that's why I called you over." I say

"Oh we already know that we're working with his parents right now." My dad casually says

I just look at him and back to Gio

"Well umm okay he got this message some time ago." I say handing the notes to mom.

She reads it and the roles her eyes.

"Lanea don't worry about it we'll take of this. Anyways how was the rally today."

"Well I mean I was chased while walking to the gym, the field got shot at and me and Giovanni got chased by this guy but I killed him." I respond.

"Interesting we'll look into it." My dad says while  walking up the stairs with mom.

"Anyways house tour." I say to Giovanni.

"Yh sure."

"Ok so over here we have the laundry room, pantry,basement and storage."I say walking to a hall ways near the stairs

"Nothing really special going on here but the basement so let's go."

I hold his hand and pull him towards the stairs and we go up

"On the far left we have my parents room and a guest room. On the right we have a room that always stay locked so even I don't know what's in there and then we have my room."

I open the door and lead him in.

He goes to sit down in the couch

"I got fucked on that." And he immediately stands up. A couple milliseconds pass and I notice his jaw clench.

"I'm just joking. You should've of seen your face." I say breaking into a fit of laughter.

"Haha very funny." He says slightly annoyed

I pick up on his tone and stop laughing. "It's not that serious why do you look so mad." I state.

GIOVANNIS PO

I was jealous

"Anyways let's continue the tour. Over there is the door to my bathroom but let's get to my wardrobe.

We walk into her walk in closet and puts her hand behind some hangin clothes. The moment she does that I feel the floor below drop down and we were surrounded by darkness.

She taps her nail on something and the room lights up.

"Fuck." I say while looking around.

I look around and I'm met with a training room. Guns, knives, Jim a, boxing ring, mats, a big screen, hangers with clothing and a door that probably leads to bathroom.

I continue walking and stop at a make up section

"Why do you have a make up section down here." I ask while picking up some lipstick

She walks closer to me and opens it and sees it's taser.

"Most of the 'makeup' here are actually weapons."

"What's over there." I ask while pointing to the a random closed door.

She looks at what I'm pointing at and freezes. She doesn't say anything but after some seconds she turns away from it.

"Don't go in there." She says. I would of dismissed it because there are a lot of things Lanea doesn't tell me and I respect that but her voice was very monotone. Almost like a robot. Like she's reciting protocols.

"Let's go back up." She suggest but I know it was an order.

"Yh sure." I respond and walk to where we came in from.

Skip to much later

I'd been in Lanea's house for a while and it was about 11pm. She brought me some of her dads old pajamas because I was staying over.

Her parents surprisingly agreed but only if I stayed in the guest room which was fine with me.

We were watching The Gentlemen, well I was watching cause Lanea had fallen asleep on my shoulder. She was cuddled up into me and her face was completely relaxed.

I got the remote and switched off the Tv deciding do call it a night. I picked her up bridal style and switched of the lights and made sure the doors were locked and house secure.

Making it to her room with my phone flash light, I lay her on her bed and change the pillow she had to a silk one because I was sure she'd wake up if I put her scarf on for her.

After covering her with the blanket and putting her phone and things to charge, I turn to leave to the guest room but i here a faint voice.

"Stay." She whispers in her sleep.

A smile forms into my lips and I go and put my phone down.

I remove my slides and get into bed with her.

I looked at her face and whispered. "Don't worry I'm not going anywhere."