Chapter 26

It was finally thanksgiving and unfortunately closer to back to school.

Even though I was dreading it there was no escaping. College work is really hard. I still don't know why I am doing that level of work in high school when I could of gotten a noble peace prize or something but it's okay.

It was about 7pm now and me and Gios family are heading to one of his relatives house to eat. I have met his grandparents before so that was fine but I'll also be meeting his cousins Aunty's and uncles and other possible racists.

Pushing that thought aside I look at my outfit in the mirror.

I decided to wear a mini black skirt with thick leggings and boots and a long sleeve button up with a sweater.

I go and sit in the living room and wait for his family to come.

Mr and Mrs Romano are the first to come downstairs and they looked marvelous.

"Lanea you look beautiful." Mrs Romano says and my heart melts.

We talk for a bit then Mr Romano brings up a random question.

"So are you and Gio dating or..." he drags and his wife smacks the back of his head.

I laugh a little and respond. "Oh no we talked about are feelings and stuff but that's it." I realize that I never really thought of me dating Gio.

"Well that boy needs to hurry up. You're a pretty girl someone might just snatch you up" Mrs Romano says.

"I mean I have been kidnapped before so I'm not sure how many more snatching ups I need."

The room is followed with awkward silence and I just smile at them.

"Um- I'm just gunna check on Luna and aluca so you yh." I say awkwardly and leave.

I got to Luna room and knock on her door and she lets me in.

I lay down on her bed as she gets ready and talks about how her life is going.

We talk for a bit and the Luca comes running in

I grab his hand and we walk down the stairs cause we're running late. Gio finally comes down and we enter the family car and make our way to the house.

As we approach the gates there's a sense of familiarity but I can't quite picture what it is.

We leave the car and they ring the door bell. After hearing some yelling and commotion someone opens the door and im met with a short light skin lady.

Luca runs towards her and hugs her. I assume she's probably a cousin or something.

She smiles and greets us then faces me. "Hello you must be Lanea. I'm this guys sister in law ." She says while pointing at Mr Giovanni.

"Are you sure you look about the same age as me." I say while walking into the house. And removing my shoes.

"Oh I get that all the time." She says while laughing.

Black don't crack was not a joke.

As she leads us to the living room I realize that I have in fact been here before and I remember the surroundings but not from where and when.

We stop in-front of a long table and the chattering and conversations had come to a stop and I felt eyes on me.

I look around the table of like 30 people.

"Why they staring like they've never seen a black person before." I whisper to Gio and his parents.

"Who is she." "Where did you get her from." "I didn't know you like black people." Were the questions being thrown at our direction.