Chapter 20

LANEA'S POV

We finally make it to the museum and we look for parking in the big indoor carpark and get out of the car.

We enter the elevator and go up and once it opens my eyes widen

"This is so pretty." I say. I leave Gio's side and walk closer the paintings. I continue walking around and I feel my shoulders relax.

This is the calming environment I like to be constantly be in but I can't. I take a few pictures and start walking to the sculpture sections.

I stop in my tracks realizing I had just abandoned Gio. I look back at see him taking a picture I step to the aside assuming he was taking pictures of the painting I was next to.

"Why did you move?" He says walking up to me.

"What do you mean. I thought you were taking pictures of the paintings so I moved out the way." I respond confused.

"Gosh she's so oblivious." I here him whisper while moving impossibly closer

"I heard that."

He opens his phone and shows me some pictures and notice that he's been taking pictures of me since we got here. I feel my face contort into a frown the longer i stare at myself

I look up into his eyes.

"It's unfortunate that you don't see yourself how I do." He says while finally looking into my eyes

I don't respond

"A stunning ambitious girl who cares for her friends and family more than herself. Lanea you don't realize how beautiful you are." He finishes while stroking my cheek.

"Thanks." I muster up trying not to react as much  as possible.

He flashes me one of his pantie dropping smiles
and I feel my stomach turn. The unfamiliar feeling of what I assume is butterflies invades my stomach.

I eventually gave in and a huge smile was plastered on my face. I turned my head and put my hand in his . "Let's go look at the sculptures."

We continue walking around is too soemwheee to take a selfie with Gio and I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and see and old couple.

"You two make such a good couple. We can help take a picture if you like." The older woman says.

"Oh thank you so much." I respond while giving her phone and ignoring that fact that she said me and Gio would make a good couple. We take some photos and one of them I feel Gios lips on my cheek.

When we finish I quickly walk  in my heeled boots to get our phones and I look at some of the pics with Gio.

I notice the way he looks at me and it was the same way my parents look at each other.