Chapter 25

Laneas POV

my parents have a business trip and I'm spending thanks giving alone again well technically not alone because I've been in Gios house most days.

After continuous pestering I decided to sleep over at their house just for the break.

For the first time since I was 8 I don't have any jobs to do.

I get to relax for an entire week.

I was going to go over earlier but I wanted to finish the food in my fridge before leaving.

I lock the door and put my stuff in the back of my car.

Lately I think about Gio more and more often.

Like a constant thought in my mind.

He's also the reason I avoided going to the house.

After the little incident that happens during homecoming I ignored him for a couple days but stopped cause I was being a bit ridiculous.

Sometimes there would be random moments of tension between us and I'm not sure how much I can keep my composure around and longer and I might pounce on that man.

Anyways I pull up to their house and bring out my suitcase. I enter in and go to the guest room.

I arrange my things and leave to Gios room. I open the door and his head turns to me as I jump on to his bed.

"Your bed is so comfortable." I say while getting under the sheets.

He stands up from his gaming chair and walks over to me. "Your bed is more comfortable than mine." He says while switching off his thing.

"Your not wrong. But your bed has always been comfortable wasn't till last year that I was allowed to sleep on a mattress I slept on a block of steel on my bed frame." Didn't realize what I was saying until I finished that last sentence.

Gio looks at me with pity in his eyes and began feeling uncomfortable.

Pity. It was the worst look I've ever received but sometimes I crave it. My parents told me that people who pity you view you as weak.

Even though I believed it sometimes I like it when people see me as weak instead of this strong person. It makes me feel human and let's me know that some of the things I'v-

"Lanea!" I hear Gio say and I turn to face him.

I zoned out again.

His face no longer holding that prying gaze and for a second I miss it. I miss someone feeling bad for me it makes me realize that my problems aren't normal.

"Let's get you some food yh." He says and I nod. I didn't feel like speaking anymore. He holds my hand leads me to the kitchen.

He puts his apron on and I now realize that he's topless. I watch his back muscles move as he moves around the kitchen and does his thing.

He finishes so and plates the spaghetti bolognese with some Parmesan on top.

I takes our plates to the living room and I follow after.

We eat while watching sound of music.

My mood eventually brightens and I sing a long.

We were currently on the song sixteen going on seventeen

"In the future I want to have something like that in my garden." I state

"Really?"

"Yh it might contrast a little with the house I want but I'd love to be in the on a rainy day just like in sound of music."