twenty - two

"Beomgyu!"Hwayoung called his name

He closed his locker and turned around. The girl hands him a can of lemon soda and a cream puff. The corner of her lips turned up. Hoping he'll accept her token of appreciation.

"It's thank you for your company yesterday it
means a lot"She said persistently still reaching out the food. Beomgyu meekly shook his head. Timid to take the can of coke and package of cream puffs from her grasps.

"Don't be hesitant"She chuckled gently grabbing his hand. Her abrupt touch brought a gush of feelings through his body. It feels like a tingly sensation. It burns but it's not a feeling of pain nor woe. It's a euphoric feeling that he usually doesn't feel with other's touch.

"In our family the way we say thanks is by giving the people we owe with food"Hwayoung said fishing out her own packet of cream puffs. She took out a piece and took a bite off the sweet treat.

"Starting today If you need anything I'm always here for you okay?"She said to the lad. Who seems reluctant to show any emotions.

During that time he thought this the start of their path to grow closer. Only daydreams and rainbows filled his imagination. Failing to think about the possible endings of crumbling down caused by the power of love.