Chapter 18

"Come on bro, we're almost there." Minho exclaimed as he dragged his friend along the pavement.

Jungkook was still laughing, not as much as before but it still was a light chuckle.
Minho's eyes gleamed with joy when he finally spotted the massive, white mansion.

Jungkook had taken those pastel blue pills before but not as high a dosage, when he took those pills he'd typically have something close to a LSD trip but he'd never seen that laughter and that kind of confession.

Of course he'd heard about it but he'd never seen it before. It honestly scared him, especially since it was Jungkook.
Jungkook had battled addiction for a while now but it was getting worse after time.

Minho was was worried for his friend after all. They'd known each other for years, ever since Jungkook had started to do drugs. Jungkook was angry, angry at his parents for choosing Jennie over him but mostly he was angry at himself.
You see, Jungkook had a habit of sabotaging his own relationships.

One of the biggest changes the drug dealer had noticed was was his personality change. Jungkook used to be kind and naive but now he was... he had just changed.

He had become cold, distant and rude, he wasn't who he used to be. Being completely honest, he missed the old Jungkook, the nice Jungkook.
He'd do anything to bring the old him back.

Minho was caught off guard when the front door suddenly opened up, revealing a very bitter Jennie in her pajamas. "Where were you?" Her gaze averted towards her brother.

"Don't tell me- oh, for fucks sake." She said, rolling her eyes in disappointment.
"I'm sorry, I didn't know he was to stay sober." No, Minho didn't know Jungkook tried to stay sober but he could tell it based off her comment and anger.

"Do you really think a fucking sorry will fix anything?" Jennie crossed her arms.
He didn't respond, just looked down.
"You know what, I'm sorry for getting angry. You didn't know." She sighed.
"Can we go inside? he's super heavy and it's cold." He whimpered.

---

"There we go." Jennie exclaimed as they put him down on his bed.
Minho was very relieved to have the heaviness removed from his shoulder.

Jungkook fell asleep almost immediately when he hit the bed. Loud snores came from him, indicating he was in a deep slumber.

"I'm sorry... I didn't know he was trying to stay sober." Minho looked at Jennie with a guilty expression.

"He isn't sober, I'm just trying to get him to be." She caressed his shoulder.
"I get that."
"It's just becoming so bad." She started to tear up.

"I know..." He wrapped his arm around her smaller body and they walked out of his room.

Then he told her everything, from Jungkook coming to him for drugs to the incessant laughing and his cry for help.
"I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was this fucking bad." Minho scratched his neck.
"It's okay, Min. You didn't know."

---

"Argh fuck!" Jungkook's head was pounding like fucking crazy, his vision was blurry and distorted.

As he sat up straight, he looked around only to find everything was spinning.
Jungkook got over to the side of the bed and put his feet on the ground with the intentions to get to his dresser but ultimately failed when he tried to stand up but fell to the ground.

He groaned in pain and removed the hair clinging to his forehead. He felt disgusting, he was still in his clothes from yesterday, and he still so was sweaty.

With all his power, he pushed himself up and walked over to the dresser to get some fresh clothes before walking into his own private bathroom.

As he washed all the shampoo out of his hair, he couldn't help but to frown.
Everyone had started to worry for him.
"Your addiction is worsening." They told him.

Jungkook really fucking hated to admit it but they were right. They knew it'd only be a matter of time before he'd overdose.
Not that he'd ever want to admit but they were probably going to be right.
The tall male didn't have much faith in himself anyway.

He was by all definitions what people would call a menace to society, a failure.
He had no college degree, he smoked way too much, he lived off of his own parents, was in the in the top 10% of wealth but had no successful business nor a job.

In pure anger and resentment, he harshly connected his fist to tiled wall until a trace of his own blood could be seen falling down onto the ground.
But he didn't stop punching the wall, no, he just kept going until the wall was splattered with blood.

"Goddammit!" He gave the tiles one last punch. First now, he noticed how the skin on his own knuckles was starting to peel off but that didn't bother nor matter to him.

Jungkook was practically immune to the pain he dealt with at this point.
First he washed away the blood with the shower head, then he got out of the shower and put his clean clothes on before walking out to the kitchen to get something to eat.

One of the first things he noticed was his biological sister sitting at the island, eating cereal.

Instead of saying hi, he just rolled his eyes and pulled out a bowl.
"Do you remember what you did last night?" She said seriously.
"Don't know, don't care." Jungkook added as he grabbed the milk.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"
"Not this again..." He sighed to himself.
"You said that you would at least to stop and I don't know about you but for me, it doesn't seem like you're even trying."
She was practically staring daggers through him. If looks could kill...

"Oh shut up."

"You know what, Jungkook? Fuck you." Jennie hissed at him.
Jennie was fed up, fed up with her brother's bullshit, he hadn't even tried to stop and that angered her.
And just like that, she huffed and left the room.

(Author note: Guess who got covid-19? Me! All jokes aside, I'm doing fine and thankfully I'm fully vaccinated so I'm hoping for a speedy recovery🥰)