Chapter 58

"Jungkook, are you even listening right now?"

.......

"Jungkook?"

............

"For fucks sake... Jungkook! Focus!"

"What?!" His head shot at the loud voice that had managed to pull him out of his daze..

"I was talking to you but you weren't listening." The blonde-haired male said as his tone softened.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Zoned out for a sec."

"Yeah, I could tell..." Jimin sighed, his mind began to ponder again and hadn't Jungkook been as distracted by nothing, he'd noticed how Jimin seemed to want to ask about something.

It had only been a few days since the trio had last seen each other but something had happened with the younger man. Something was just off about him... as if he was on edge... as if the couldn't find peace.

"Jungkook... is everything alright with you?"

"Alrigh- what are you talking about? I'm fine. Nothing's happened?" He scoffed as he slumped deeper into the cushions, his hands clenching to the xbox controller.

"It's just as if you've been more.... uncomfortable lately... have you taken some new kinda pill recently?" Jimin knew him well enough to know Jungkook wasn't the type to stray away from pills he'd never tried before.

He was always reckless like that, no matter how hard Jimin and Taehyung tried to get him to stop with his usage, even getting Jungkook to cut down a bit on his habits felt impossible, no matter how hard his friends tried to.

But something had changed drastically and it was something about Jungkook's addiction. It had worsened... but not the way it typically worsened...

Then Taehyung spoke up, breaking the heavy silence in the bedroom.
He sat up straight and put his own controller in the coffee table.

"Jungkook, it's like you're more on edge lately, as if you constantly feel paranoid and tense..."

"Bro, I'm fine." The tattooed male tried shaking the question off, his eyes staring tensly at the tv screen.

"Are you sure? You don't feel like somebody's after you, right?" Tae exclaimed with the softest voice he could muster.

I'm fine. What else do you want me to say? Do you really think I've turned psychotic all of a sudden?" He turned to the brown-haired older male, the relentless questions getting to him.

"No, we're not a accusing you of something. We just wanna make sure you're okay." Jimin put his hand on Jungkook's shoulder to which Jungkook pulled away from him and stood up.

".... I'm fine, really," Jungkook walked over the door. "I'll go get some fresh air." The door closed way harder than he'd intended but he just needed to get out of his bedroom, the constant questions were too much.

Walking out to the patio, he sighed as he lit up a cigarette. At least he still had those.

Jungkook leaned over the railing, rubbing his face.

This whole staying clean thing wasn't nearly as easy he'd thought it'd be.

"Come on, Jungkook, you gotta stay strong for Y/N and your friends, and Jennie too." Lightly slapping his own cheek, a frown formed on his face.

Maybe Jimin and Taehyung had a point...
Jungkook had slowly becoming aware of his mental state changing.

He had been irritable lately but it wasn't that bad, right?

"You can do it, Jungkook." He mumbled while his hands grabbed his hair.

"Happy thoughts... happy thoughts."

Pulling up his phone from his jack pocket, he admired the tiny cut out photo placed behind the cover.

The piece of paper showed an image of Y/N smiling, he had taken of her in his old 'playroom'.

While he admired the picture, a thought popped into his head so he put the device up to his ear.

*Ring Ring Ring*

"Hi, Jungkook. What's up?"

"Hey, Wooyoung, I kinda need your help something."

"Well I'm at work right now but I can come over at 8pm if-"

"No, no, no, it's not about that, not anymore... It's- shit, how do I say this...?
So there's this girl I really like and... I really wanna show her that I care for her with like a date or something."

"Ooohh, I see. Easy, you can go on a picnic with her or a movie." The woman said.

"Well maybe something more personal. I want her to truly know that I really really like her, like a lot."

"What about a fancy restaurant then?"

"I don't know if that's enough." He frowned.

"Can I ask you how much you like her then? How much do you wanna impress her?"

"I don't just wanna impress her like that... I wanna show her that I love her..."

"Damm, Jungkook loving someone. I never thought I'd see that but I'm happy for you honestly." Wooyoung's glee could even be heard through the phone as she continued.

"Well if you wanna make it personal and show her that you love her, I'd ask what she'd like to do. Dates always feel better when it's something you know your date wants to do."

"You're right. Thank you so much, Wooyoung. I really appreciate it."

"Of course but I should go now. Bye, Jungkook."

"Again, thanks for the help. Bye." He hung up the call as a smile kept on crawling to his lips.

Then again, maybe getting clean wouldn't be that hard when he had people around he loved and cared for.

But it wouldn't be....