Chapter 54

As much as he wanted to look away from the his friend interacting with his girl, he couldn't.

He could feel all the muscles tensing in his body and his hand clenching around the wine glass so tightly the glass might as well have broken.

Jungkook was well aware of how fucked up it was to be jealous of his best friend being kind to a girl but he couldn't deny how much he wanted to swap with Tae and tell her how beautiful she looked in her baby blue dress... maybe even kiss her.

He knew how shocking that would be if he did but a part of him wanted to show everyone how much she meant to him, that she meant more to him than most of the people here.

There was truly nothing the man loathed more than having to pretend like he didn't care nor know about her and risk others getting close to her heart where he couldn't do anything about it without exposing his feelings for her.

'Why did it have to be so complicated?'

He was so caught up in the moment, he didn't realize how his nails had pierced through his skin, smearing his skin with red.

Jungkook discreetly tried wiping the blood off on his pants but couldn't help his eyes from wandering over to his best friend and her.

"Jungkook, are you even listeni-" Eunju stopped talking when she noticed the small cuts on his hand.

"Did you cut yourself?" She scoffed when her son didn't respond, not even noticing that she was talking to him, his eyes were lingering on something or rather.... someone...

She looked the same way as him before spotting Taehyung and a woman she didn't recognize.

The older woman was baffled by her sons absence and refusal to accept his parents' attention.

But when Eunju saw his darkened eyes, a suspicion grew in her mind.

'It couldn't be that he...?'

"Jungkook!" The man was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard his dad's piercing voice call for him.

"What?"

"If you hadn't been distracted, you'd know that I was talking to you. God, so much for raising a son for 25 years and he won't even listen to what I say." The displeasure in his voice was clear as day.

Jungkook pondered on whether he should say something or just stay quiet.
It's not like his parents actually listen to his feelings so he chose keeping his thoughts to himself.

"Mr. and Mrs. Jeon. So good to see you again." Jungkook saw the opportunity to get away from them when an older man came forward to greet.

Because his mom and dad could blink, he was gone with the wind.

---

"I'm a bit thirsty, I'll be back quickly." Soyeon nodded and said she'd be waiting here for me.

I couldn't see her in the crowd of people when I'd gotten to the table with drinks.
I scanned the surface for a drink when I noticed someone standing beside me, not very close but close enough to hear them talk.

"The drink with peach and strawberries is really good. It's not too strong with the alcohol." Jungkook said, not looking away from the beverages.

I tried to hide the smile forming on my lips as I grabbed the drink he'd recommended.

"You look beautiful by the way." I smiled softly as he grabbed a drink as well.