Chapter 45

"We have to get her out now." The three girls stumbled upon each other as they desperately tried keep up with their best friend's older brother.

By now, he had noticed my bloody nose, dripping with red liquid that streamed down my now stained shirt.
"Jennie, open the door." She understood immediately and ran ahead of him to open the glass door fully.

My sweaty hands clenched to his black coat as I pushed my head further into his chest, sniffling and sobbing.
"It's okay, it's going to be okay." He whispered into my hair so I could barely hear him, his hand clenched to my thigh in the bridal style he was holding me in.

I was too embarrassed to look at him properly so I resorted to look at the ground moving underneath me.
Wiping some of the blood away from my nose, first now I noticed how badly the nosebleed actually was. Wide-eyed and clearly shocked, I looked up at Jungkook, only to see him looking down at me.

We walked out of the door Jennie was holding and was greeted by a breeze of cold air. I scrunched my nose in displeasure, immediately regretting it when I remembered how my nose was probably broken by the punch Woosung had landed right across my face.

"Where are we going?" Nina asked the man next to her desperately, very clearly worried for her friend.

"We're taking Y/N home."

"Home?" I shook my head when I heard.
"Please don't take me home. My mom's gonna freak if she sees like this."

Jungkook sighed before putting me down as we had reached his car.
"Fine, we won't take you home. You can stay with me and Jennie for a day and then you can go home." He gave in.

He got in the front seat and sighed. "Get in."

"Y/N, you can sit in the front." Jennie patted my shoulder and got in.

Midway through the drive to their mansion, Jennie broke the silence.
"But in all seriousness, I'm going to fucking murder that bitch Woosung." She snarred angrily at the thought of her own admirer.

"I second that." Nina added.

I saw through the corner of my eye how his hands clenched to the rear, his face had now lost its calm expression, making him look angry.

But I was quick to look away again.

Why was he so angry?

I meant nothing to him.

But I think he noticed it, as when I looked at him again, he smiled reassuringly.

---

The big hallway was practically intimidating because of its size, making me feel even small and vulnerable than before. Jungkook gently put his hand on my shoulder and gently pushed me forwards.

Deciding it'd be too overwhelming, Jungkook decided to drive Soyeon and Nina home.
He didn't explain why but I thought I knew why.

He did care...

"Get her to your room, I'll go get the first aid kit and call a doctor."

With that out of the way, he walked away, probably into his bedroom.
I looked around the larger room as Jennie took off her expensive shoes and told me to follow her up to her room.

"Annnnd we're done." She smiled softly, gently dabbing the wipe on my skin, making the now dried blood disappear.
Jennie's brother had come up with the kit before returning down to his room to call their private doctor.

"But I have a question," I nodded slowly.
"What else did he do to you?" She asked softly.
I immidiately froze up, not quite knowing what to respond with.

"I don't remember..." The lie flew right through my teeth before I could stop it.

A part of me didn't want to tell her the rest of what had happened, as I was embarrassed by it. I hated myself for being so weak and vulnerable.

"You don't remember?" I jolted when I heard Jungkook's voice. He stood at the door with a phone in his inked hand.
I shook my head gently, hissing when I remembered how my nose probably was broken.

"Jennie, the doctor's here and she needs us to sign some papers beforehand. Can you do that for me?" Jungkook asked his younger sister, to which she immediately got up from the bed and walked down the stairs.

"So... what did he actually say to you?"
He said dead-serious.

Goddammit, he saw right through me.

"Nothing..." I looked down and fiddled with my cuticles.
"Don't lie to me, Y/N." He almost closed the door but still left it slightly ajar.

"Now what did he tell you?" The tall man walked towards me and sat on the bed, right next to me.

I was too ashamed to look up at him, that was until he pulled the cover off me amd grabbed me by the thigh, making me look at him.

The question hurt so much, it almost sounded surreal. I could feel the tears dwell up in my eyes by now.

"He called me so many things," By now, the tears were falling.
"He said that I was boring and annoying, a-and that Jennie only befriended me because she pitied me."

"But why does it make you so sad?" He tucked a piece behind my ear.

"Because he was right." I slapped away his hand, but found myself regretting taking my anger out on him.

"I'm sor-"

"It's okay," He looked away before speaking.

"I wish... I just wish you saw yourself the way I see you." His eyes directed themselves back to mine.

"Wh-what do you mean by that?"
I asked him softly, putting my smaller hand over his bigger one.

Without exchanging any words, his lips collided with mine. I was shocked but quickly closed my eyes and leaned my body into his, letting him wrap his arms around my body.

This was it. This was the perfect moment, the kind of moment that would be perfect if you were to freeze, the kind of moment that was too good to be true.

After a while, he pulled away from me and looked into my dark brown eyes before smiling softly and leaning his forehead against mine.

The taller man closed his eyes and we sat like that for a couple of minutes.
His fingertips brushed against mine as I could feel his minty breath on my lips.

(I just finished listening to Set me free pt. 2, then I heard it again and again and again and again. I'm already in love, it's so phenomenal! Jimin is incredibly versatile when it comes to everything😍 Feeling bad for the people who haven't that masterpiece. Anyway, hope you'll enjoy this chapter💜)

(Another important note! I've decided to 'rewrite' my other book, 14 years apart, but a little bit different. Instead of just rewriting it, I will make a new book but keep the old one up. It won't be a copy of the old story but will be a little similar.
And Instead of it being Jungkook, it'll be Seokjin as the main character(I think).

I'm doing this because I want to make the story better, as I believe it was a sloppily written story with uncompelling characters and an unstable storyline.
I could also feel that the readers didn't like the characters as much as I had hoped they would.
I'm really hoping with this book I can make a better story out of what '14 years apart' could've have been and its potential.)

Thank you for reading and maybe let me know if the idea interests some of you🙃