Chapter 51

"Ooh, this one's pretty as well." My best friend's eyes twinkled at the sparkly, long, emerald green dress she had spotted, perfectly fitted on the mannequin. It was long and elegant but not too flashy. Perfect for a rich, middle aged woman.

She softly caressed the material. "Y/N, come and feel the satin fabric. It's so soft!" She sqealed. If I didn't know any better, I'd say she was thinking of buying the dress herself and not for her mother.

"No way. I'm not going to risk ruining or even dirtying it. That dress costs more than the apartment complex I live in."

The minute I saw how fancy the shop looked from the outside, I knew I had to stay at least 6 feet away from every single clothing piece on the inside.

What else would I have expected? It was a Louis Vuitton boutique. There was a guard outside, making sure no one they want didn't to enter could come inside. Every salesperson inside wore a fitting black but formal uniform.

We'd been inside for at least 45 minutes and I still felt the glares from the customers and even the sellers. I cursed mentally at myself for wearing the most basic set, consisting of a t-shirt and jeans. I felt like a rock hiding among diamonds.

"You know what, I'm buying this for her. I think she'll like this the most." As if knowing that she was done, a worker quickly walked over to us and asked if Jennie if she needed any help, completely ignoring my plain existence.

Once they had worked out the details, Jennie turned to me, "Are you sure don't want anything?" I hastily shook my head.

---

When we left the store, I let out a heavy breath I didn't even realize I was holding in. We walked through the street when I spoke up.

"Do you need to buy more gifts for your mom?"

"I don't think so but thank you for coming with me though," She smiled at me in a way that made her whole face light up. I didn't respond, just smiled back.

"Hey, I'm sorry for asking this late but do you maybe come with me to my mom's birthday event? I'm inviting Nina and Soyeon as well, so it won't be as boring. But only if you want to."

"Are you sure? You said that it's going to very elegant and fancy, I don't think I'll fit in. Not to mention, your parents don't know me." I had my doubts about saying yes.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to know Jennie's parents were very rich and posh. And the way Jungkook had described them didn't make it any better.

"It's really okay if you don't want to, just know you're always welcome. And the food they serve is always immaculate."

When I looked into Jennie's eyes, it made me think about it. It really seemed like she wanted me to be there for her.

"I guess, it won't hurt to go with you.
Is it like an extremely fancy event?"
Her eyes lit up in a millisecond.

"Okay, it takes place at some fancy manor and there's going to a lot of people but you'll just need to wear a pretty dress and you'll be fine. I'll text you the details when I get home."

I nodded, feeling a mix of nervous and excitement for what could happen at the party.

"Uuh. Let's get some boba tea. My treat." She pointed the little boba shop on the left.

---

JenJen🐈: Just wanted to let you the address is XXXXXX in the main ballroom on Saturday. Remember to wear something pretty and graceful but you decide what to wear! Nini and Soyeon are coming as well. Can't wait to see you and just call me if there's any questions. Till then❤

My jaw dropped a bit when I read which manor the event was happening at as I had about it before. It was where celebrities and royalty celebrates their most important events.

I responded with a thumbs up emoji before wandering over to my closet to find a pretty dress with the right amount of style, not wanting to stick out like a sore thumb at the party.

*Knock Knock Knock*

"Come in!"

My mom stuck her head into my room befoasking confused, "Honey, why are you turning your closet inside out? Is everything alright?"

"Jennie's mom is holding a birthday party and Jennie wants me to be there for her so I'm trying to find a pretty but elegant dress."

"Uuh how exciting! Maybe you could wear that yellow summer dress." She happily suggested.

"No way," I chuckled. "It has to be fancy and elegant." I continued sorting through the closet in hopes of finding the perfect dress.

"What about that dress you wore at that gala in New York once? It'd be perfect." The other woman clasped her hands together, thinking dreamily about the stunning dress.

"Mom, you're a genius!" I shrieked as I picked out that particular dress in the very back of the closet.

"I know." The older woman sighed, agreeing to her daughters compliment.
I pressed the dress against my body before turning around to face her.

"It's perfect for you. You're almost as beautiful as your mother." She chuckled as I looked down to admire the intricate attention to detail, both in the sewing patterns, the light blue color and the tiny beads matching with the color of the dress. It wasn't a designer piece or extremely fancy but still pretty enough to ensure I wouldn't be sticking out like a sore thumb in the crowd.

'This would be perfect.' I thought to myself as my mom left the room to make dinner.

When I had picked out the main piece of clothing, I went over to the little jewelry box sitting on my desk with one specific piece in mind. The silver necklace with small pearls.

With that assembled, I got my white Mary Jane plateaus from my closet as well and put the whole outfit on my bed before smiling.

As nerve-wracking as it was, getting to attend an event hosted by almost billionaire was also exciting.

Besides Jennie really wanted me to be there along Nina and Soyeon so I wouldn't just be standing awkwardly in a corner, not knowing anyone.

'I wonder what Jungkook will be wearing? Probably a suit.'
I smiled at the thought of seeing him, especially now that I knew he had feelings for me, completely forgetting the internal fear of having to meet his and Jennie's parents.

(First of all, I apologize for the lack of updates. I just started with school so it's been quite a lot with starting up and getting used to it but finally I finished polishing this chapter and I hope you'll like it as things will soon start to happen but I won't spoil it for ya. Otherwise, have a great day/night and thank you for reading🙂)