Chapter 50

"First of all, air out your room, the sex smell is disgusting." She scrunched her nose in distaste at scent.

While she said that, I quietly put on a big grey t-shirt.

He rolled his eyes, "What the fuck do you want?"

"I wanted to let you know that mom and dad are coming home next week."

"What?" His cold tone significantly died down to a soft one.

"They're coming back for a couple of days cause of mom's birthday."

"Oh..."

"Do they still think you're clean?" She asked the question in the softest voice as she knew how sore of a subject is was.

He nodded slightly. They both knew what would happen if their parents found out that he, in fact, wasn't clean.

"Can you at least try to not consume any drugs while they're here?" She was desperate at this point.

She knew by now that the biggest odd in her brother's life was to continue doing substances and eventually die of an overdose. That was how fate was going to go for him.

"I don't know..." He rubbed his armed, ashamed of the condition he was in.
Jennie sighed and walked out of the room but stopped up at the door.

"I give up, okay? I've tried what I could, but I wanted to let you know that you have my full support if you want to try."
Then she closed the door, leaving a teary eyed Jungkook alone, well almost alone.

I opened up the door and walked out, just as Jungkook fell to his knees and broke down crying.

I immidiately ran over to him and wrapped my arms around his big body.
"It's going to be alright."

"No, it isn't. She's right, I'm going to die but I don't want to." He cried, finally realizing his so called future.

"I don't wanna die." Jungkook desperately clenched to my shoulders and tried to stand up but ultimately failed and fell back on his knees.

"It's going to be okay, I promise." I whispered into his ear.
My hold on him tightened even more.

As he cried into my shoulders, I felt his grip around my torso secure.
So we sat like that for over half an hour, just holding each other like nothing else mattered.

When he had calmed down a bit, he spoke, "Thank you, Y/N." He smiled to me. Eyes deeply red, but it was clear as day that he was still on pain, agony even.

"Are you feeling better?"

"A little bit."

"I'm sorry for asking but why are you so worried about your parents coming over?"

He rubbed the last set of tears away from his cheeks before opening his mouth.

"When I went into rehab, I was clean... well, for a couple of months
but I remember how my mom and dad threatened to throw me out of the family if I started taking them again. If they find out, I'm going to lose everything.
I've seen them ruin their employees lives because they fucked in the smallest way possible. They're going to destroy me if they find out."

Noticing how he teared up again, I wrapped my arms around his big body again.

That's so horrible.

"Don't worry, Jungkook. It's going to be alright." I patted him on the back, trying my hardest not to do or say something wrong.

Right now, I wanted to tell him how much I loved him, how much he meant to me but there was a better time for that as this wasn't about me.

We sat on the floor like that for a while, just hugging each other as he cried his heart out. After whispering sweet sayings into his ear, he finally managed to calm somewhat down.

"Thank you for always being there for me." He smiled but his eyes were still a dark red color.

"Of course, I'll always believe and be there for you."

He didn't respond, he just looked at me with the most loving eyes I had never seen before.

As if I was the only important person in the whole wide world.

As if he loved me...

"Thank you..."

Jungkook closed his eyes and leaned in for a kiss. His lips pressed softly against mine made me practically go feral.
He drove me insane in every aspect possible.

"I know it's a lot to ask of you but do you maybe wanna stay the night?"

"Of course, I'll always be there for you." I smiled softly and stood up.

"I'll go get you a glass a glass of water."
"No, I'll get it since Jennie's still there. Stay here."

He grabbed my wrist as a way to support himself as he stood up.

---

"How does it taste?" He said in anticipation.

"Jeon, it's water..." I facepalmed.

He chuckled slightly and looked down.
I shifted on his bed before speaking up.
"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing..." It was clear as day that something was occupying his mind.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?"

The handsome man layed down, his head resting on my thigh and I put the glass of water down on the nightstand.

He sighed before looking around the room but lastly, his eyes landed on me.
"It's what I told you earlier. No matter what I do, it's never fucking enough.
And they never forget to tell me, especially my mom,"

"I always feel so fucking worthless around them."

I wasn't going to admit it but his struck a cord with me. It reminded somehow reminded me of myself, how I was treated by my former partner.

That constant feeling of walking on eggshells still lingered in the back of my head .

"You know what? I think it's good we have each other."

He looked up at me, trying to pull off a faint smile, but the little amount of knowledge I had about him knew it was fake, put on to reassure me everything was alright when it really wasn't.

Right now I wanted to tell him how it was going to be okay and how important he was loved by everyone around him, some just didn't know it yet, but truly I didn't know what to say to better the situation. I couldn't help him no matter how much I wanted to, I just didn't know how.

Even if I knew how, was it even my place to? I knew I loved him but was I close enough to him to help him in fighting his battles? Was it even my place to get involved?

Wanting to voice his appreciation of me, he spoke up, "I'm glad I have you."
I looked back down, trying to contain my shy but soft smile.

"Me too."

(Okay so about my other book, 14 years apart, the second epilogue is still being written but I apologize for the wait. It's still in the works but it's on the way and I'll inform about it when the chapter is close to being finished. Otherwise, I hope you enjoyed this chapter as things are about to get more serious.

Thank you for reading:-) )