I wouldn't do that to you

Hey TANGERINES 🍊!!!! Thank you so much for 11k reads! This is amazing, it truly is! Thank you!!! And

Enjoy!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sodapop's POV

Anna is so pretty and yes i do have a crush on her, but...

How do i know if she wont just go out and get pregnant with another mans baby.

Maybe all she likes about me is my looks and could care less about who I actually am.

Shes the first girl i have found interest in since Sandy.

I was thinking about all of this while i was eating breakfast, Darry made me eggs and I put jelly on them, since that's the way I like them.

I think ill give it a try with Anna, or should I test her?

I'm gonna distance myself from Anna and see what would her reaction be and if she really cares or would like to just stare at me.

I finished my eggs, cleaned my dish and went to the living room where the gang was.

Anna and her sisters weren't here. It was raining out so we couldn't do anything but stay inside.

We watched TV, played some games, I played poker with Steve and Dally and then the raining stopped, for now at least.

It was on and off rain so we still stayed inside. It was time for dinner, so Darry got up to the kitchen, but before he could make it there.

There was a knock at the door. Darry answered it and in came the sisters.

Now I can do what I have been waiting to do, I actually thought I wasn't going to see her today.

Not that its bad its just surprising, "You guys walked in the rain? That's insane" Darry said as he made way for the sisters.

"Yes and we brought casserole for dinner" said Molly "Thanks but you didn't have to I could have made dinner for all of us"

He smiled at her and pecked her. I smiled at that, Darry got himself a girl.

I saw Anna make her way over to where I was but before she could I got up to the bathroom.

Once I did get to the bathroom, I didn't do anything but sit on the seat covered toilet.

It felt so rude to do that to her but I didn't want to get hurt again. When I got out the table for dinner was getting set.

I helped and took my time, I sat next to Pony.

Once dinner was done I cleaned up the whole table, I told Darry I would clean it, and I took my time.

But that didn't stop Anna into trying to talk to me. "Hey Soda" she said smiling.

It was just me and her now.

"Hey" I said smiling too, "How are you doing?" "Great, you?" "Me too".

Now it was getting awkward. I continued to clean up while she stood there thinking.

At least she wasn't staring at me.

If it gets any weirder i might as well just tell her what im up to.

/-\

Anna's POV

He's usually really talkative, and now he barley talks to me.

I thought he liked me or does he just think of us as friends?

Something was going on.

"Are you ok?" I asked even though i already asked that question sorta.

He looked at me nodded and smiled.

"Well can you tell me why your acting so strange?" By now the table was cleaned and he was washing the dishes.

"Im not" he said simply still washing the dishes. I sighed, getting frustrated.

I sat on the counter next to the sink and him, while watching him wash the dishes.

"Something is up" i said, "Nope" he said as he washed the last dish and was now drying them.

"Want any help?" "Sure" now he was giving me one word answers.

"Are you trying to ignore me?" I asked since i passed a plate and all he did was dry it, put it in the cabinet and repeat like a robot.

"Maybe..." I heard him say under his breath, "Why?" "Oh you heard me?"

"Yeah, am i annoying to you?" "No, its just...it's complicated" "Just tell me"

He sighed and put the last plate in the cabinet and facing me.

He sat on the counter and left space for me next to him to sit.

I looked at him, waiting. "I had a girlfriend named Sandy and she dumped me".

Why would anybody dump Soda, not only is he beautiful but he's really caring and kind.

"Im sorry Soda" i said as i hugged him. He smiled at me and hugged me back, then continued.

"Thats not the worst part, i was gonna ask her to marry me and she got pregnant, but it wasn't my baby"

"What?!? Why would anybody on their rightful mind ever do that to a person?!? Especially you?!?" I said as i got mad and sad about it.

"I don't know i guess i just wasn't enough for her"

I hugged him again, "Can i just hug you for the whole time?" I asked him, he laughed "Sure".

"The point is, that i like you Anna but i dont know if you are going to be like Sandy and leave me"

"I really like you too Soda, I have never had desire to that to you or to anybody for that matter"

He smiled "Thats why i was sorta testing you to see if all you cared about was my looks and not my feelings"

I had my head on his shoulder, "No, although you are very beautiful i care about you and your personality more than just your looks" i said giggling.

He laughed "Thank you, but your much more beautiful than ill ever be" "You sure about that?" I asked laughing.

"Im more than sure" he said before kissing me.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Was that cute? I tried making it cute, idk hopefully it is, anyway Thank you so much again!! and vote, comment or just read but PINEAPPLES 🍍