Chapter 27

My eyes open and I look around, trying to figure out where I am. Wincing as I sit up, I clutch my head with one hand and see a boy resting his head on my legs, asleep. He's sitting on a chair next to my bed and he looks exhausted. What gives away who it is, is the dark brown hair tanned skin and asian features.
"Minho." I whisper, shaking him slightly to wake him up. His eyes open slowly, and he blinks, trying to determine what's going on. Minho's deep brown eyes meet mine and they light up as he sits up, wrapping his arms around me in a hug. Hugs all around! "What happened?"
"You shucking passed out!" he tells me.
"Where's Tommy?" I ask, looking around tiredly. Minho's eyes widen, but he doesn't answer. "Where's Tommy?" I repeat.
"He's in the pit." Minho admits and I sigh.
"What did he do?" I ask.
"He went back into the maze. But don't worry - he's fine. He'll be in there for tonight. He's a Runner now." Minho explains to me.
"Oh. Okay... Can I see him?" I question and Minho grins.
"Thought you might ask that shuck question." He comments. "C'mon. I'll show you where he is. But first - we're stopping at Frypan's."

"Who's there?" Thomas asks and I chuckle, shaking my head.
"How are you always in trouble?" I ask Thomas, sitting down on front of the pit. I put my little torch of fire down so it's standing up in the little slot where it goes, so that I can actually see Thomas.
"Kaya." He breathes, rushing towards the little wooden gates in the pit. "When did you wake up?"
"Couple minutes ago." I shrug a little. "But I have a surprise for you. Well, a few surprises actually." I admit.
"First things first: you need company." Chuck appears, smiling.
"Second, you need some food, right?" I look around quickly before handing him some bread in a blanket through the large holes of the pit gates. Thomas quickly unwraps it and rips the bread into small pieces, eating it.
"Thanks, Kaya." He says and I beam, shrugging my shoulders.
"What happened today?" I inquire after a moment of complete silence. "Why did I pass out?"
"I don't know." Thomas confesses. "Newt read that note and then, you just fainted."
"What did the note say?" I ask and he rummages around his pocket before handing it to me.
"She was the last one ever."
I read. "What does that mean?"

"I don't know." He repeats. "I just think it's got everyone a little worried. Especially Gally..." I look up and see Gally still building something, even though it's definitely time for bed. He looks up, as if he senses us talking about him, and shakes his head at me, like he's disappointed.
"He thinks it's my fault." I state the obvious, frowning.
"Are you sure you don't remember anything else?" Thomas asks me, and I pause.
"I remembered things when I was passed out. Like... flashes of memories. But now, I don't remember anything except small snippets." I recall.
"Of what?" Thomas questions, curiously.
"I remember... A name. Luka Carter Hargrove." I remember, thinking of the boy with the brown eyes and brown hair. "And I remember being called something... Immune, I think."
"Anything else?"
"I remember... Water. Feeling like I was drowning... These faces staring at me... And this voice. This woman's voice, saying the same thing over and over-"
"Wicked is good." Thomas finishes for me, and I look down at him in shock. "Ever since I've been here, I've had these dreams." He explains. "Well, I thought they were dreams... You... You were there." My interest grows and I see Chuck lean forward, anxious to hear more.