Chapter 41

"Everyone - top priority is getting Thomas and Kaya out of here, deal?" Minho adds and every Glader nods, surprising me. Even Chuck agrees.
"Ready?" Thomas asks and we all nod our heads. Everyone grabs their weapons and I have my knife in my belt - just in case. I know that even if I ask to, nobody will let me use it unless it's absolutely necessary. "Alright, sorry about this." Thomas leans over and grabs my face, kissing me hard and passionately. He lets go after a couple of seconds and I dip my head away from people's gazes in embarrassment. "LET'S GO!" he yells and we all run around the corner towards the Grievers. The Griever runs back towards us and we stab at it, pushing it towards the edge of the cliff we're on. A Glader gets taken and thrown down the cliff, causing a couple of other boys to go stiff. I grab my knife and cut off the arm coming towards me, ducking under another one and cringing as I stab the flesh of the Griever. Chuck trips and drops the cylinder.
"They key!" he shouts, running after it. The cylinder slides along the cliff and I gasp.
"Chuck watch the edge!" I yell, pushing a Glader down as a Griever nearly slices his head off. Chuck grabs the key just as it flies over the edge of the cliff and gasps.
"Oh no!" he speaks and I grab him from the back.
"I got you, Chuck!" I state, pulling him upwards and back onto the surface. I look over and see the boys struggling to push the Griever off of the cliff, grunting and pushing with all of their might. It finally goes flying over the edge and I grab Chuck and sprint away from the other Grievers climbing up the wall.
"THOMAS!" Chuck shrieks, making him turn around and stare at us in awe.

"Chuck." He breathes out, pulling his arm back to stab a Griever. I grab Chuck's hand and we run towards the wall of Section Seven, the key creating the wall to slide up and open a different Section.
"It works!" Chuck says, turning back to look at Thomas and the others.
"GO!" Thomas shouts and Chuck and I obey.
"There's gotta be a way out, c'mon!" I say and we, run to the end of the corridor and placing the key in the large slot. I look and see a small, digital drawing of the map appear on the wall, counting down from 8 to 1. "Thomas!" I yell. "Help! Eight Numbers!"
"What?!" He shouts back. "What do you mean?!"
"Minho! What's the sequence to the maze?!" I shout.
"What?!" Minho screams as well. "What the shuck for?!"
"Tell me the damn sequence!" I order and he starts.
"Seven, one, five, two,-" Minho gets cut off when a Griever jumps on top of him.
"MINHO!" I hear Newt yell. Jeff jumps forward and stabs the Griever with all he has. Minho gets out from under it but another Griever comes and grabs Jeff.
"JEFF!" I scream.
"Minho, keep going!" Chuck shouts.
"Six, four, eight, three, seven!" Minho finishes and I type in all the numbers.