Chapter 9 - My worst nightmare

I stepped out of my black Audi R8 as I walked towards the building in front of me. "Good evening sir" the security guard greeted me as I ignored him and walked into my penthouse.

"Good-" my receptionist Hailey, said as I cut her off.

Just save it." I said as I walked past her and stepped into the elevator pressing the sixth button to my penthouse.

At this moment, it is 9:37 pm and I promise Ophelia that I will leave work early since I usually come home at 11:00.

Right now, I'm trying so hard not to think about what happened between me and arorua, but my mind won't let me.

I'm still pissed at her for coming to my office and disrespecting me in front of my business partners.

"You don't wanna find out." I recall what she said and her stupid smirk after she left my business office as I felt myself getting angry.

"Have a great day, Lorenzo."

Ahhh Fuck you Aurora! I thought as I remembered  her slapping me.

"Aurora you will pay. I fucking mean it." I muttered as I ran my hand through my hair.

FLASHBACK 16 YEARS AGO.

Ding Dong!

"LEO GET THE DOOR!"

I rolled my eyes at my mom screaming for me to get the door as I ignored her and continued to play call of duty.

"Ding Dong!"

"LEO, GIURO SU DIO, SE NON FERMI TUTTO QUELLO CHE STAI FACENDO E NON APRI LA PORTA, TI MASCHERERO' PER IL RESTO DELLA TUA VITA! PICCOLA MERDA!"("LEO, I SWEAR TO GOD, IF YOU DON'T STOP EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING AND OPEN THE DOOR, I WILL GROUND YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE! LITTLE SHIT!")

"OKAYYY IM GOING!" I scream back to my mom as I shut down the game I was playing.

"Who the fuck is even-" I didn't finish my sentence as I opened the door to see the girl I despise.

Aurora.

Standing there with her mom.

"Hey Lorenzo, Is your mom home?"

Who the fuck are you? I thought.

But before I was about to answer, My mom stood infront of me and hugged Aurora's mom.

"Hey! Sarah it's so nice to see you again!"

Who the fuck is she and how the fuck that she know my name? I thought.

"OMG! Is this your daughter? She's so cute!"

"I know!"

Cute my ass.

"How old are you dear?" My mom ask auoura as she kindly replied to her in quiet tone.

"16"

I rolled my eyes at her innocent act.

"Mom you don't have to call her cute just because she's fat."

"LORENZO!"

"EXCUSE ME?" Said Sarah.

"WHAT? I MEAN LOOK AT HER, SHE'S BUILD LIKE A HIPPOPOTAMUS. AND HER ACTING INNOCENT ISN'T FOOLING-"

I didn't get to finish what I was saying as I felt a slap on my face.

I look to see my mom angry face staring at me.

"Chiedi scusa ora" (Apologize Now.")

But-

Slap!

"MOM!"

"it's ok. He doesn't have to apologize." Aurora soft voice filled the tense room as I looked at her with nothing but hatred.

"No! He will apologize. I didn't raise him to become a bitch."

"I SAID APOLOGIZE NOW!"

I flinched at my mom screaming at me as I began apologizing to not just Aurora but her mom too.

"I'm Sorry."

END OF FLASHBACK

That was the day my hatred towards Aurora magnified.

I know in highschool, I did some pretty cruel things to her, which I hate to admit it but some part of me regrets, but another part of me don't regret hurting her.

Because she deserves it.

I stepped out of the elevator as it came to a stop. As I walked down the hallway, I stopped at my front door.

I put in the house pin before entering the penthouse.

"Why is it so dark in here?" I muttered before turning on the light and going to the kitchen island while placing my car keys on top of it.

"Ophelia!" I called out as I began removing my tie.

But when she didn't respond I called her again.

"Ophelia!"

I know she's at home because Maddy our maid told me and I told her to go home since I was coming home early today.

I began to worry as I heard no response. I began to go up the stairs to her room hoping somewhat she was there.

"Ophelia"

I said one more time before opening her door. I sigh in relief that she was sleeping but I notice that she wasn't sleeping alone.

I move closer to her bed as I notice that someone and when I say someone I mean someone that I don't want in my penthouse.

Valentina.