Chapter 23- Im not hungry

Right now we are back home from the courthouse

Right now we are back home from the courthouse. Theo and I are just watching tv while Lorenzo is in his room.

I know he's upset and needs space but I can't stand the fact to see him so down.

The judge told us to go home because tomorrow he is going to make his decision which is bullshit because he should know for a fact that Lorenzo is innocent and will never lay a hand on anyone.

Why you defending him? You don't really know him.

I brush that tiny voice from my head as I ask theo a question.  "Can I ask you a question?"

He paused the movie to give me his attention.

"Why do innocent people always end up in the wrong situation?" I asked as Theo smiled at me while answering.

"Because life isn't fair." He said "Don't worry, he's going to be okay. I promise. "

I smiled at him as he unpaused the movie. To be honest, I really hope everything is going to be alright but in the mean time I will help Lorenzo win this case and get everything back.

Even if I have no idea what or where to start.

———-

It's been a couple hours since I saw Lorenzo. Theo and I already ate but I can't help but worry about Lorenzo since Theo brought him food he told Theo to go away and he is not hungry.

And it's been hours since he last ate. I decided to bring his food to him and I'm not going anywhere if he tells me to leave.

I knock on his door as I heard him say "Go away". I decided to knock again since I'm not leaving till he opens his door.

"I said go away!"

"No, you need to eat."

"I'm not hungry." He said

"Lorenzo-"

"I said I'm not hungry!" He said angrily as I still stood at his door while still holding the food.

I decided to place the food on the ground while I sat on the floor. "Fine I guess I'm not leaving anything soon."

The moment I said that the door flew open revealing Lorenzo. I stood up while picking up the plate on the floor.

I looked at him as I saw how tired he looks. His eyes were puffy and red as a piece of his jet black hair was on his forehead.

He was wearing a black T-shirt and a gray sweatpants with some black socks on.

"I'm not hungry." He said as his stomach grows. I raise one of my eyebrows while smirking at him.

"Right." I said

He looked away from me in embressment as I saw his cheek turn red. I entered his room without his permission.

This is the first time I have fully looked at his room since this morning. I walked to his bedside table as I turned on the lamp light making the darkness in this room go away.

I began to scan the room while I place his food on his bed. His room was actually basic and was not that bad. He had white painted walls with black curtains covering the windows.

His black bedsheets is made perfectly as the wall beside the bed has this really cool erotic painting on it.

"That's cool" I said pointing to the painting as he ignored me and sat on the bed while staring at his food

I know he's going through so much but I can't help the fact that I feel useless to him.

I mean when my life changed nine months ago he was there with with me, he help me go to therapy, eat and more.

But I can't help feel like he deserves so much better.

That's he though?

Shut up!

I sat down on his bed while the food is in between us.

I sighed as I began to talk "I'm sorry." I said while playing with my fingers.

"For what?"

"For not being able to help you" I said as I looked at him but he's already looking at me.

"Please shut the fuck up." He said as I was kind of Cut off guard by his response.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me," He said as he started to eat his pasta. "Hmmm" he moan while tasting the pasta but I can't help how that moan did something between my legs.

Stop it!

I cleared my throat as I began talking. "I mean I expected you to say something different but okay."

"What? That you have help me. I mean which is true but I think we both know that." He said.

"Then why the attitude." I mumbled as he stoped eating and started to answer." My problem is that you don't seem to realize how helpful you have done for me."

I don't know why but what he just said made butterflies filled up in my stomach. "And yet somehow you always think you feel helpless."

"How do you even know how I feel." I whispered to him "Because for the first in while, I can read you like an open book."

He whispered back to me as we both lock eyes. His eyes dip to my lips and back to my eyes.

I felt butterflies in my stomach when he looked at me like that. All of a sudden he stood up placing the food on his bedside table as he hold my hands.

"Come with me I want to show you something." He said while he dragged me not even giving me the chance to reply.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he dragged me outside the backyard with him.