Chapter 37 - Forgive yourself

Lorenzo's POV

"You okay?"

Bri asked with a look of concern.

"I mean you made me run after you."

I said while catching my breath as we step foot in the champagne cottage.

In the champagne cottage, there's lots of different types of champagnes placed like a book shelf in a public library.

"That's a good point, but that's not what am asking. I'm asking you if you are okay about...you know... Ava and Aurora seeing each other again?"

"Why you asking me that?"

"I mean you and Aurora seem pretty cozy." She said with a smirk on her face.

I lowly chuckled as we stoped at a section of red champagnes.

Bri is the type of person that love the idea of love and if you like someone, she will do whatever it takes for you and that person to end up together.

Even though Bri and I met four years ago, it feels like we've known each other for years.

"Well, I really like her. If you haven't noticed." I said shyly while looking down as I felt gulity of the way Ava and I treated her."

Bri knows about the way I treated Aurora because Leo told her. Surprisingly, I don't mind. I expected her to look at me differently, but she didn't. That shocked me, but a part of me is relieved. I don’t think I could handle it if she judged me.

"but..." Bri said with a peck of interest.

"But I despise myself for what Ava and I did to her. Despite how horribly I treated her, she still chooses to see me, smiling that beautiful smile. I feel so undeserving of her. I know she hasn't forgiven me, and I'm not saying she should. But every time I see her happy, I hate myself more for making her cry, and I—"

"Whoa, man! Sounds like you're in love with her," Bri said, her voice tinged with a sad, sweet smile.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I quickly wiped one away, looking at her.

"I don't know what to do," I confessed, my voice breaking. Bri looked at me with deep sadness before pulling me into a tight hug.

"It's okay," Bri said gently, pulling away from the hug. "I know I'm not a relationship expert, but I think you should apologize sincerely to her. And just as importantly, you need to forgive yourself. Right now, it's clear how guilty you feel. You know what you did was wrong, but learning to forgive yourself is crucial. If you don't, even if Aurora forgives you, there will always be that voice reminding you of your mistakes, tearing you apart. So please, apologize and forgive yourself. You can't change the past, but you can learn from it. Now it's time to let go."

As Bri's words sank in, tears streamed down my face. She hugged me tightly as I cried, offering silent comfort.

__________

Aurora's Pov

"Darling, what are you doing? Please stop. You don't have to do that."

"No, it's alright. I don't mind," I said to Lorenzo's mom, who was trying to stop me from washing the dishes.

"No, I can't let you do that. You are our guest and like a daughter to me."

"No, I really don't mind! You spent hours making food for everyone. You must be exhausted, and the last thing you need to do is wash dishes. Please, let me," I insisted sweetly as she looked at me, clearly tired.

"But—"

"No, I got this! I promise. Please, go get some rest," I said, gently pushing her out of the kitchen. She hesitated before leaving, murmuring, "Thank you."

Right now the sun is down, and everyone had finished their food except for Bri and Lorenzo, who hadn't returned yet.

I wonder what's taking them so long, I thought as I washed the dishes. As I reached for a dirty cup, someone handed it to me. I slowly raised my head, surprised to see Ava standing next to me.

"Hey, here," she said with a smile.

Suddenly, memories of everything she had done and said to me flooded back, filling me with anger and hatred. Ignoring her and the cup, I grabbed a different one to wash.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her smile fade as she placed the dirty cup on the counter with the other dishes.

"I... um... you look really pretty," she said, making me even angrier.

I scoffed and finally looked at her. "Oh wow! You can compliment someone without insulting them. That's a first."

I laughed bitterly and went back to washing the dishes.

"Look, I know I've been a bad person—"

"Bad person? You bullied me to the point where I hated myself, and you call yourself a 'bad person'? You're worse than that. If you plan on apologizing, save it. I don't want to hear it because I will never forgive you. I hope one day someone treats you the same way you treated me," I said, my voice low and seething with anger, tears brimming in my eyes.

I waited for her to leave the kitchen before breaking down, remembering all the pain she had caused me.

-----

AHHHHHHHHH GUYS!!!! I AM BACKKKKK. SORRY Y'ALL I GOT KIDNAPPED BY A REALLY SEXY MAFIA MAN, THATS THE REASON I HAVENT UPDATED UOU GUYS IN A WHILE BUT ITS OKAY! I AM BACKKKKK!!!! <333333