Chapter 38 - In love?

FIVE MONTHS LATER

FIVE MONTHS LATER

⚠️MATURE CONTENT ⚠️

I gazed at the beautiful woman sleeping naked beside me, gently kissing her forehead and cheeks before taking hold of her hand, adorned with a diamond ring on her finger.

I proposed to Aurora last month, and when she said yes, my heart found peace. Since then, I can't help but feel excited about marrying her.

We're currently in New York, having just visited my family. Even though Ava and I apologized to Aurora, I wasn't sure what would happen next. But to my surprise, she told us she wanted to try to start over, which we did. Now, Ava and Aurora have grown close, and that makes me genuinely happy for both of them.

~~~Last Month~~~

Aurora stood on the balcony, sipping coffee as she admired the breathtaking view of the mountains. The wind gently played with her afro, making it sway softly.

Watching her, I noticed how she held herself, bringing the cup to her full, beautiful lips as she took a sip of the hot coffee.

She closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath, and exhaled with a smile. In that moment, watching her filled me with butterflies, and I couldn't help but wonder why I ever hurt this incredible woman standing before me.

She deserves so much more. Lost in thought, I recalled Bri's words: "Apologize to her."

I took a deep breath, walking slowly toward her as I opened the glass door leading to the balcony.

She turned around slowly in response to my arrival, a gentle smile gracing her stunning dark brown face.

My heart raced as if I had just run a marathon. I cleared my throat, offering her a small smile.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" I asked, feeling a wave of nervousness as she turned fully to face me, giving me her complete attention.

"Yeah, go ahead. What's on your mind?" she replied, taking another sip of her coffee as my nerves kicked in.

Here goes nothing, I thought before speaking.

"I just wanted to apologize to you—"

"Lorenzo—"

"Please," I interrupted her, "let me say what I need to say. Please."

She gave me a small nod, signaling me to continue.