Chapter 22 - Trial

Right now, I am standing in front of my mirror as I tried putting on my tie but when I do I can't seem to get it right

Tried again with shaky hands but it didn't turn out the way I wanted. I began to become frustrated as I heard someone's voice.

"Let me do it." Said Aurora as she came and stood in front of me helping me with my tie.

But I couldn't stop looking at her in awe as she help me with my tie. I didn't realize she was done as she looked at me as we both lock eyes.

For some reason, I started to get butterflies as I stared at her beautiful hazel eyes. My eyes slowly dip to her lips as I watched her breath heavily.

We were both caught in the moment not realizing Theo was standing outside my room as he cleared his throat making Aurora and I snap out of our trans.

Aurora walk back making me miss her been close to me already.

"Are you guys ready?"

Why the heck am I even thinking, I don't miss her been close to me! I thought

"Yeah" she cleared her throat "I forgot something in my room, I will meet you guys in the car." She said while leaving.

I pretended to fix my tie in the mirror but I realized that Theo was still here. I looked at him with a raise eyebrow as he slowly smirked at me while leaving me alone.

I rolled my eyes knowing what he was thinking.

———-

"All raise!" The bailiff said making everyone stand up while the judge took his seat followed by everyone doing the same thing.

I nervously played with the ring on my finger as I sat next to Riley my lawyer. Valentina is sitting across from me with her lawyer as they put ophelia on the testimony seat.

Today is the day that Ophelia testifies since Valentina and I already did a couple months ago.

I mean through out those testimonies the judge wanted to hear about Ophelia's testimony before he makes a final decision.

"Today we're all gathered here for the trial of Mr De Luca V.S Ms Blackstone. Last month both Mr De Luca and Ms Blackstone testified about their marriage and divorce."

"Today we will be putting their own daughter on the stand." The bailiff said to the judge as he pointed to ophelia while the judge nodded in understanding.