Chapter 26 - Thank you

Right now we are in the middle of the trial but Aurora isn't here

Right now we are in the middle of the trial but Aurora isn't here. I tried to focus on the judge's words but my mind is somewhere else.

I mean I get why she isn't here because I hurt her and she hates me.

She will always hate me.

But then why the heck do I miss her.

Come on, Lorenzo focus. Who cares if she's not here.

I do.

I push my thoughts away as I began to focus on what the judge was saying.

My hands began to shake as I started to bounce my legs while playing with my ring. I know I am going to lose this trial and go to jail since ophelia yesterday literally confirmed that I hit her.

Which isn't true. I love my daughter so much and the thought of actually hitting her makes me sick to my stomach because I would never lay a hand on child or even someone let alone her mother.

Yesterday I was upset about everything how ophelia lied to everyone that I have hit her and Valentina before which isn't true.

And on top of that Aurora hating me.

I just hope somehow ophelia comes forward and admit that I have never hit her and Valentina. I looked at her but she look down like she's embarrassed to look me in the eye.

I sighed as I waited patiently to let the judge make his decision.

"Ok-"  the judge didn't even began talking as someone badge inside the courtroom.

Everyone turned their head including me as I saw that it was Aurora.

What the fuck? I thought as she walked to Riley and whispered something to her while giving her something that I couldn't really see.

"Ms Davis, Is everything ok?" The judge said as aurora left and sat down while Riley started talking.

"Your honor, it has come to my attention that Ms Blackstone and Mr river indeed lied to us all about her caring about Ophelia and always wanting Mr de Lucas money."

I wasn't really shock myself as I listen to what Riley was saying. I mean yes Riley saying this out of the blue can cause a lot of damage without evidence.

"What are you doing?" I whispered to Riley but was about to answer as she got cut off by Mr river.

"Objection your honor, Lack of evidence." Mr river said while standing up.

"Ms, Diaz, do you have any evidence that support your assumption."

"Yes, your honor." Riley said as I felt myself confused on what was going on. I looked at Aurora as she smiled at me with while giving me a wink.

I felt butterflies in my stomach as I looked away from her as I noticed that Riley has given the Judge a recording of something as it began to play.

<<<PLAYING RECORDING >>>

"Hello"

"Did you do what I ask you to do?"

"Yes, I payed the press to record what's going to happen today in the court room."

"Good boy, Now I want you to put pressure on him today because I want his business and home."

"And once I destroy him and that stupid Ophelia girl, I will have his money,cars,business and reputation all to myself."

"So today do your job well and if you mess anything up your money will reduce. So do you understand what I'm telling you?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Good, now meet me in the courthouse."

<<< END OF RECORDING >>>

When the recording ended everyone was so quiet but the only thing we could hear and see was the paparazzi taking pictures of Valentina and mr river shocked face.

I mean were the heck did aurora even get this recording.

I looked at aurora once again who was sitting next to Theo as she smiled at me.

A sense of relief came onto me as I smiled back to her because she saved me even with everything that I done to her.

"Your honor t-that doesn't prove anything." Valentina said as she stood up.

"How so?"

"Your honor there's no saying that ms blackstone lied about being abused by mr de Luca." Mr river said as he stood up.

I mean what he is saying is true cause there's no evidence that can prove I didn't put my hands on Valentina and Ophelia. The hope that I had a couple seconds ago is now gone as I felt like this was it.

"I LIED," Ophelia yelled at loud with tears running down her face.

"Shut up!" Valentina Whispered yelled at her but everyone could hear her.

"I meant your honor she doesn't know what she's saying." Valentina said.

Ophelia looked at me and I smiled at he, nodding that she can say whatever she needs to say and I'm not mad at her.

So she did. "SHE FORCE ME TO LIE. SHE SAID SHE WILL NEVER MAKE ME MEET DADDY IF I DIDNT LIE ABOUT HIM HITTING ME AND HER!"

Everyone was shocked. myself was too because I get her for coming after me but using our daughter against me is out of line.

I felt myself getting angry as I tried my best to calm down.

"Your honor." Valentina said as the judge cut her off.

"Ophelia come here." The judge said to ophelia as she walk to where the judge is. "I want you to tell everyone what happened and don't be scared of anything ok?"

The judge told her as she began talking.