Protection Demon

*SLAP**SLAP**SLAP*

"ouch!.. why did you do that!" Yongi whined rubbing his stinging cheeks

"for leaving me! and your daughter! and for playing dead for seven fucking years.. what in the hell were you thinking!" Ume shouted angry

"in the hell I was thinking about you! and to be fair, I would have been here earlier if it wasn't for Harumi"

Ume glared at him making him shiver "how earlier, exactly ?"

"h-huh ?"

"how earlier!"

"Ummm.... a few weeks ?"

Ume got closer to him slowly making him tremble in fear "that's still seven.. fucking.. years!" she started hitting his shoulder

"aw aw aw.. ok ok time out please!" he tried holding her but Ume suddenly started sobbing

"you..you don't know.. how much that affected us.. why!!" Ume broke down in tears "why would you do that to your daughter!...to.. me" she said

"Ume..." Yongi and Sho said at the same time.. Yongi looked behind her and saw Sho "sorry to interrupt.. but can I ?" Sho whispered and Yongi nodded at him

"Please don't judge him quickly.. calm down and hear him out so you can know everything.. he must have gone through so much and all for you.. you say your bond is unbreakable so.. maybe he didn't have another choice" Sho smiled softly remembering his reunion with his daughter and reminded Ume of her own words "I think you should know that.."

"I... I can't" Ume said crying "I.. I still remember.. the look on my daughter's eyes.. when she woke up.. asking "mama.. where's papa ?" I still remember.. trying to fly with Yuzu in my arms to safety.. but I couldn't... I was looking at her crying from the pain in my head and... and my wings were falling off.. slowly.. painfully..feather by feather.. you don't know.. how many nights.. I couldn't sleep because you weren't beside me.. you don't know how much.. I missed you.. you don't just owe me an apology.. you owe your daughter seven years of pain of thinking you are dead!!"

"Mom!" Yuzu exclaimed with her teary eyes "stop please.."

"hey hey Ume.." he said holding her and rubbing her shoulders "not a day went by I didn't think about you, I just needed to find the truth and for that, I had to work behind the scenes.. I would never let anything happen to you. my eyes and ears were here with you and Harumi was following my orders to protect you"

"she knew !?" Yuzu said

he turned around and saw the shock on Yuzu's face "yes but I told her not to tell you" he said and turned back to his wife "Angel~" he held her face and looked at her green eyes.. he leaned forward and planted a soft kiss but Ume hardly returned it "you are my world.. my light.. my salvation.. my love.. my heart.. my wings.. my soul and I would never abandon you so easily.. I'm sorry I couldn't come any sooner or let Harumi tell you" he looked behind her "or else our enemies would know"

Ume saw a serious look on his face "h-how-"

he looked at Liana and nodded.. she gestured with her hand and branches came from the ground and restrained Celeste "hey!" Himeko stood up and tried to grab her mother but Nene stopped her "what's the meaning of this!" Himeko tried to push Nene but other branches restrained her and covered her mouth

"papa! why are you doing this!" Yuzu left Mei on the couch and stood up walking towards Himeko but her father stopped her "she is my friend!" she looked at him in disbelief

"I know she is your friend but.." he looked at Celeste "a little bird told me Hojo planted someone inside your group.. isn't that right, Yami ?" Celeste stopped her struggle and looked down "you are pretty good at hiding yourself but unfortunately for you.." he crouched down at her level "you can't hide from your king so show your true self Yami"