Seven

•Neera•

Carlo was a 32 years old man, with a wife and son waiting for him every day at home, I actually like him, his reports are very detailed and until today I never had a problem. But cocaine inside these walls is a very big fucking problem to me.

"What? No, I swear Miss Zade, I told everyone that, that was forbidden and ordered the bouncers to search before letting people in."

"Then how did we find several tables on the first floor with people snorting cocaine?"

"I swear that I don't know anything about it." He said, he ran his shaking hands through his hair. He was nervous, but he was also telling the truth.

"Tell them to close the club." I said to him, he picked up the walkie-talkie and gave the order, I turned around and looked at Liam.

"Take the blonde in the SUV, I need to talk with him." In other words, I said - Put the fucker in the trunk and put him in the basement, I'll deal with him. - Liam nodded and he and the other guard that I still don't know the name walked out.

They really need some fucking tags.

"What do you want me to do?" Carlo asked, I could hear the fear in his voice, I will trust him for now but after interrogating blondie I'll know the truth.

"You will clean this shit, you'll find a new bartender for the bar on the first floor, someone who won't sell drugs, I'll give you the number of someone who does background checks and you will ask one for everyone, even those who already work here." I say and give him the number of my tech guy.

"The club will open tomorrow?" He asked.

"No, I need to know if there are more people involved."

"I'm really sorry."

"You will also need more guards on the second floor, some clients get a little handsy but there are rules to follow, you need more bodyguards."

"Yes, Miss Zade."

"Good, now tell me how a minor is serving alcohol on the second floor? And please just tell the truth, it will only do you good."

"Okay, I won't lie, I know she's a minor, but Alice needs this job, she has a brother, he's a baby, her mother died at birth and her father beats the shit out of her. She takes care of them, goes to school, and works here at night, at first I said no, but she told me why she needed the money and so I helped her. I'm sorry, I'll fire her immediately."

"Give me her address." I said to him.

Why am I asking? I don't fucking know. I shouldn't care, other people's problems aren't my problems, so why do I feel this huge need to help?

"Here." He said and gave me a paper with her address on it.

"Don't fire her, I'll talk to her but you need to find another person for her place. You should start looking for the new workers, call that number I gave you for the backgrounds, I'll call you soon." I said and walked out, and went to the elevator.

Fuck this was a surprise visit, but I didn't expect this, I was hoping for a good time, now I have a guy to torture and a girl to help. When I got downstairs the place was already empty and everyone was cleaning. The two guards that came with us were already on their way home.

Liam was sitting in the hood of my car waiting for me, I walked to him and when I was taking a cigarette my phone started ringing, I pulled it out and it was an unknown number.

"Yes?"

"Need your help." I heard a deep voice, that made me laugh.

"And who the fuck are you?"

"Adonis Langston."

"Oh, Mr. Calm and collected." I mocked.

"Look I get it, you don't like us, but I called because I need help, one of our allies betrayed us and joined Ryan, and I'm fucking sure I have a rat problem. I don't know who to trust right now an- "

"What? And you called me? All I heard was that YOU have a problem, I don't know how that involves me. And what makes you think you can trust me?"

"Ryan took your sister too, he wants you dead too so at least I know we are on the same side, Atlas was shot, can you help us? I need to protect Damon, this bullet could've hit him." Fucking bastard, he knows how I liked Damon.

"You said Atlas was shot?"

"Yes"

"Is he dead?"

"No."

"Dying?"

"No."

"Fuck, is the fucker in a lot of pain at least?"

"Yes."

"I'm going to regret this but, fuck, meet me in my house."

"Be there in the morning." He said and I hung up.

Yup, I'm really going to regret this, I and those twins under the same roof someone will be shot soon. But I said I was a nice person, and I am, I couldn't let them die, this is for Damon, he's a child and doesn't deserve to be caught in the crossfire.

I also believe that asking for my help damaged their ego and that makes me happy.

"Let's go, I need to sleep and the twins will be at the house early."

"Why?" Liam asked.

"They were attacked, Ryan guy turned one of his allies against them, Atlas was shot so call the doctor to be there early." I said and got in the car.

Forty fine minutes later I was finally in my bed, my body exhausted but my mind wouldn't stop thinking. About the cocaine, the guy in the basement, the young girl behind the bar and her little brother that need help, the fucking twins, and this fucking Ryan guy that wants a war with me when I didn't even do shit to him.

I'm so fucking exhausted.