Sixteen

•Neera•

I woke up hot, I felt like I was in the desert, my head hurts a little and I have to pee, when I tried to get up I felt like something was holding me down. I opened my eyes and I saw that I'm in one of the guest rooms, that's when the events of what happened start playing in my head like a fucking movie.

Shit.

Do I regret it? No.

Does it complicate things? Yes.

I don't know what's going through their minds but that last kiss from Atlas was full of something, and Adonis's eyes? I could see emotions, emotions that shouldn't be there. I get up, they kept sleeping, pulling a t-shirt that I found I walked out of the room.

I look at the clock in the hallway wall, 4:45 am, as I make my way to my room I check the others, the first room is Damon's, I open his door and he looks like a starfish on the bed, belly to the ceiling, arms and legs opened.

Next is Alice, I open her door and Ivy is there too, Theo is in Alice's arms drinking milk.

"Good morning." I whisper. She looks at me her eyes red and swollen from the sleep.

"Morning." She mumbles.

"Give it to me, go back to sleep." I say.

"No, is too early, you have to sleep too."

"The day already started for me." I pick little Theo up, his small blue-grey-ish eyes looking at me.

"Thank you." She said her eyes already closing.

I walked out of the room, opened Liam's door and he was already getting up.

"Good morning." I said. He always wakes at 5, to go to the gym.

"I wondered how long would it take." He said looking at me up and down.

"I will blame it on the whiskey, I know it shouldn't have happened. And I will not do it again."

"Do they know that?"

"What do you mean? It was just sex, I'm sure I'm not their first nightstand."

"They have the look. "

"What look?" I ask. I sit on the bed while patting Theo's back so he can burp.

"Love look. " He says and I chuckle.

"Don't be stupid, I know them for what? Two, three days?"

"Think whatever you want Nee, but I know what I'm saying, just be careful okay?" I nod, because I don't know what to say to him and walk to my room.

Theo fell asleep on my shoulder, I put him in the middle of my bed with pillows surrounding him and go to take a quick shower. Liams words kept ringing in my ears.

'Love look.'

That can't he right is too soon to have feelings, and I don't have. They are good-looking and deep down they look nice people but that's it. There's more connection with them than with Derek or any other guy but not love.

I don't even know what love is.

I mean I never had it from any other person other than Ivy or Liam, but that's different. Completely fucking different. Whatever they are feeling they have to forget it, and I can't lead them on.

I get out of the shower get dressed in skinny jeans, black top and the heels of the day are my stiletto black boots with snake print, fake of course, I would never kill an animal just to wear it on my feet.

I let my hair wet, light make-up, some perfume and that's it, I picked sleeping Theo and I'm already mentally doing a list of everything that needs to be bought for his room, but before all of that I need to talk with Alice.

It's not going to be easy, I want to take care of her, I do see myself in her and maybe that's not good but, she's too young to live the way she was. No one should live like that, no one should take care of a child when they still are one.

I want to be there for her.

But for that I need to be honest I need to tell her what I do, and it's not easy because my job is fucking scary, Ivy is used to it but she isn't. She can freak out, she'll know I kill people, she'll know I carry guns, everyone around here is dangerous, even Ivy is completely capable of killing with her own hands.

She never did it though.

I get in my office, I make something like a nest in the sofa, not the one from yesterday, calm your tits, anyway I make something like a nest and lay Theo there, I know that when Liam gets out of the gym he will bring my cup of coffee.

First email of the day.

Zack Carter, 32 years old, no family alive, address.

That's all I need.

Tonight I'm going to have a talk with Mr. Carter.

I check my other emails, take care of business, so far nothing has changed for the worse and that's good, I see on the reports that Liam got more security everywhere, that's why I love him.

He likes to go to parties, fuck, drink, and smoke weed but he knows the job and does it well, I know that no matter what he will always be by my side, he and Ivy are my family and hopefully Alice and Theo will join us. Someone knocked on the door and opened it.

Speaking of Alice.

"Hi." She said shyly.

"Hi, come in, sit. How did you sleep?"

"I woke up a couple of times to feed him and change him but even with that it was the best sleep of my life."

"Glad to hear that. So, we need to have a serious conversation about what's going to happen, I would like it if you tell me more about your life, if you don't mind and I tell you mine. If you want I can go first." I said, I got up and sat on the chair next to her.

"Can you go first?" She asked and my breath hitched.

It's now.

Please, don't freak out.

How? Where do I start? Will she run? Scream? Faint?

Fuck!