Chapter 6

Clemency...

(Unedited)

3 years later...

"Aria, have you seen Lillian? We need to leave. Ray has been sending me death threats all morning and if we don't make it there on time, you might end up mateless today." June fussed as she walked up to her wife, adjusting the crown on her head, and Aria rolled her eyes at her dramatic words while holding their youngest pup in her arms.

"If you didn't want Ray to be mad then you should have departed last evening for the triplets' 16th birthday ceremony as I had so kindly advised." Aria chastised her wife, rolling her eyes when she couldn't fix the crown, and June gave her a sheepish smile when she took over.

"You are right, as always, my lovely mate. But you know I had to take care of some important matters before leaving. If I didn't do it, Lillian would have stayed behind and Azure would have killed her this time." June wrapped her arms around Aria, causing her to blush beautifully, and they both leaned in at the same time to share a loving kiss; their little pup giggling happily.

June turned to her youngest daughter then...

"Come here, little Clara. How do you like your mother's new crown?" June kissed her daughter's nose after picking her up, causing her to giggle adorably, and Aria's wolf purred as she watched them interact.

"June! Why are you still here? Do you have a death wish?!" Presley shouted at the couple, looking frantic, and Aria rolled her eyes before smiling when Lillian and Vera approached them.

"Oh, Vera. Thank you so much for fetching our foolish daughter for us. You are a blessing, sweetheart." Aria kissed Vera's cheeks, making her smile shyly, and Lillian opened her mouth to object but June was already dragging her towards the portal.

"You can argue with your mother later, Lillian. Right now we need to leave." June pushed her daughter through the portal first, causing a chuckling Vera to step in next, and Presley walked through next with Clara in her arms.

Aria was about to walk next when she felt two figures approaching...

"Aster. Blanche... Good to see you both changed your mind. Come. Let us leave together." June smiled at the two women, watching happily as they nodded before obliging, and just as she was about to follow them, a frantic wolf came running towards her.

"A-Alpha King! T-There is something you must see! It is the golden artifact!" June's eyes widened at his words and she turned into her wolf before immediately galloping away.

In the Vampire Castle, Rayelle greeted Aria with a long hug...

"Oh, it's so good to finally have you here, Aria. I missed you all so much... Oh Goddess, is that Clara? Come here, little pup. Oh, you have grown so much. Where is your darn mother? I shall slay her for keeping you all away from me." Ray pulled Clara from Presley's arms before showering her with kisses, her immortal beauty as radiant as ever, and Vera chuckled at the Vampire Queen's actions; catching her attention.

"Your Majesty. It's an honor--" Vera bowed before the Queen, still not used to being one of them, and Ray interrupted her words when she pulled her into a strong hug.

"Vera, I told you not to address me so. You are our Lillian's mate. You are family. Call me Auntie Ray. Like the other kids do." Ray cradled Vera's warm cheek with a loving smile, holding Clara with one arm, and Lillian grinned at the scene while Aria looked around in search of her missing mate.

"You have no right to call them kids. We are all the same age thanks to our immortal lives." Presley interrupted cheekily, causing Ray to glare at her, and just as she was about to tell her off, her mate walked in.