Chapter 34

(Unedited)

Iris was suffocating...

"Nia." She had mumbled in a hoarse voice, opening her eyes slowly, and as soon as she found the space beside her empty, she knew something was terribly wrong.

"Nia? Where are you?" Iris called out, jumping to her feet, and she hadn't even taken a few steps away from the bed when she heard her voice from behind her.

"I'm right here." Antonia whispered, her voice alluring, and Iris turned around at once only to find her mate laying on their bed with two naked women at each side; both of them kissing her mark.

"No... No. No. No. No..." Iris started mumbling, her hands threading through her short locks and tugging harshly, aware that she was having the same dream again and when she turned around, she found Antonia standing before her.

Iris did nothing to stop her mate when she stabbed her heart; her eyes wild...

"You ruined everything, Iris. You destroyed everything. You failed, Iris. You failed! You kill me! You killed my daughter! You killed my Tulip!" Antonia's eyes were burning with hatred as she screamed, pushing the blade deeper, and Iris only cried in defeat; knowing she was right.

"I-I am sorry. I am sorry, Nia. Forgive me. Please." Iris begged brokenly, feeling the blade reaching her heart like it did that day, and Antonia's hatred only simmered at her words as she twisted the blade to cut deeper.

"Your words don't matter, Iris. You failed. You killed my daughter. You ruined everything. I will never forgive you. I will never accept you. You will never be my mate, Iris. I hate you. Do you hear me? I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" Antonia's voice became louder as she repeated those words, the blade plunged deeper, and Iris accepted their assault; accepting them all.

Antonia stirred awake when she heard her...

"N-No, I am sorry, Nia. Please. F-Forgive me. P-Please." Iris was mumbling in her sleep, sweat lining her skin as she laid on her back, and Antonia's heart sunk at her words as she quickly reached out for her.

"It's just a dream, Iris. Hey, open your eyes. It's just a dream." Antonia spoke loudly, cradling her mate's face, and caressed her cheeks to get her to take up but Iris wasn't listening; her body starting to tremble now.

When Antonia joined their foreheads, she saw her dream; horrified by it...

"That's not me, Iris. I don't hate you. Do not listen to her. It wasn't your fault. None of it was your fault. I know that now. I know you were protecting me, your mate. I-I know you loved our Tulip and you did everything to save her. She was our baby, our little girl, and you... You sacrificed so much just to save her but it was out of your hands. I know that and I will never blame you like that. You have to believe me." Antonia pleaded weakly, caressing her mate's face, and her tears dropped onto Iris's cheeks while she struggled to fight the monster in her dreams.

"Iris, please, you have to wake up. I'm right here with you. Everything is okay now. I'm never leaving you again. Ever. Just wake up... Come back to me, Iris. Please." Antonia had whispered then, her voice soft yet impacting, and her words finally reached Iris; causing her to start to calm down slowly.

"It's okay. Everything's fine, Iris. It was just a dream." Antonia had been relieved as her mate went quiet and when Iris's eyes opened, they were always colored in their beautiful golden hue; disbelief and pain glittering in them.

"It was just a bad dream." Antonia whispered, softly and lovingly, as her hands continued to caress her mate's cheeks, and when Iris found herself to be tongue-tied, she gave her a loving smile.