1 - Letting Go and Holding On

Authors Note: Hey everyone, I hope you enjoy my story. This is a Bechloe, with a small bit of Jeca.. I do not own anything. I don't own Pitch Perfect, or the song title, or any of its characters.

(CHLOE'S P.O.V)

I looked over the edge of the bridge before climbing to the other side of the railing. 

I take a deep breathe deciding if I want to do this. But is there is really nothing left for me. 

My grades have dropped so low I've failed this school year, everyone is distancing themselves from me, I don't have a good relationship with my family and the person I love loves someone else.

I set a note that I had written down on the ledge and quickly climb onto the side of the bridge. About 15 minutes away from Barden there is a bridge with about a 150 ft drop into the water. I had decided that this is where I was going to do it.

My senior year was supposed to be the best year of college. Instead it turned into a travesty. The Bellas turned out great and I ended up meeting Beca.

Beca Mitchell. As soon as anyone says her name my heart speeds up and a small smile spreads across my face.

She is absolutely perfect. She has an amazing voice, the most beautiful blue eyes that you could get lost in.

She had been on my mind for a while after I walked into her shower. I was so excited to see her at auditions. When she auditioned she didn't have a song prepared so just sang one and used a cup with it. I loved hearing her sing her voice is amazing.

I remember the aca-initiation night and how close I came to kissing her. Are faces where only inches away. She was so close to me, but I got nervous and pulled away. I should have kissed that night, but honestly if I had kissed her would that change anything?

At the first Bellas practice we had, I noticed Beca wasn't getting the moves so I decided to help her. I showed her again and she still didn't get it, so I helped her out by standing behind her and guiding her arms. She kept saying she knew what she was doing and how she had this, but she didn't pull away.

After we had regional and Beca had gotten arrested for destruction of property I made all of the Bellas wait in Beca's room so that we would all be there when she returned. When she walked in and smiled asking why we waited up for her my heart just skipped a beat. She looked so pretty when she really smiled.

I knew that I had all ways felt something towards Beca. But as we had spent more time together, my feelings for her were starting to grow until I couldn't deny them anymore. I was in love with Beca Mitchell.

At first, I thought it was just a small crush and that I would be able to get over it. But it turned out to be something more. I thought about maybe telling her how I felt, but then I realized that I couldn't do that. She didn't feel the same way, and if I told her, it would definitely have ruined our friendship.

I loved spending time with Beca.

The only people who knew how I felt about Beca was Aubrey and Stacie. Aubrey was my best friend so of course, I couldn't hide it from her, and with them being a couple and Stacie always being over at Aubrey's and my apartment I couldn't keep it from her too.

At the night of the finals, I was going to tell Beca how I felt. It was becoming too much for me to hide anymore. I couldn't keep pretending that us just being friends was okay. After we had finished performing we walked off of the stage to go take our seats. As I had gotten off of the stage and was walking into the aisle I watched as Beca went over to Jesse. As soon as she went over and kissed him I felt my heartbreak. It had felt like someone had taken a knife and was slowly pushing it into my chest. It had suddenly become hard for me to breathe.