16 - Horrible News and Parties

(CHLOE'S P.O.V)

Aubrey was dead.

I couldn't believe it. I had just witnessed my best friend die.

Than I heard a doctor speak. "Time of Death?"

It was official, she was gone. All the life was sucked right out of her. It felt wrong. She shouldn't be the one dead.

But she was, and there wasn't anything I could do.

And just like that, I had just lost my best friend.

I felt as if I was going to fall down, my began to squeeze painfully in my chest and I felt as if I would throw up any minute. She was dead.

I have read book's were a character's friend dies and they always say how much it hurts, but I had never thought it would feel like this.

I quickly grabbed onto Beca's arm to help me from falling over. The pain in my chest was becoming to immense and just before my knee's buckled under the pressure Beca caught me and pulled back up into her arms.

I choked out a sob and began crying into Beca shoulder, this all didn't feel real. Aubrey couldn't be dead, she still had so much left for her in life.

Than what felt like hours happened in a matter of seconds, there was a small beep on the machine. Everyone grew silent again.

Stacie immediately stop crying and stood up looking at the monitor.

There was a very small bump in the line. Than another one, and another.

Aubrey's heart was beating. She was alive.

I heard Stacie gasp. I choked out a sob and broke down crying again, but not because of pain this time. I couldn't believe it, she was alive.

Immediately after I started crying I felt Beca wrap her arms around. I turned myself in her arms so that I was facing her and wrapped my arms around waist.

I could also tell Beca was crying too, but as I moved my head from the crook of her neck I could see that all of the other Bellas were also crying too, but they were all tears of joy.

++ 3 Day's later ++

(NO ONE'S P.O.V)

Today was the day Aubrey should begin to wake up. The doctors said she would either wake-up with in the first 3-7 of being taken off of life support.

All of the Bellas were excited to see there captain wake up.

Stacie was very nervous for Aubrey to wake up though. No matter how much she loved her and wanted to see her awake again, she still couldn't help but be very anxious.

One of the doctors had told her that Aubrey could wake up with amnesia. And that scared Stacie, that meant that Aubrey might not remember her.

No matter how cliche this sounded to Stacie, it was true. She didn't want to be in a world were Aubrey didn't remember her. Everything that they had built together, all the time they spent with one another, that wouldn't mean anything to Aubrey. She wouldn't be able to remember it.

Stacie didn't want that to happen. To her it would more painful to have Aubrey be awake and not remember anything than her still be in a coma.

But than again, she might wake up and remember everything. There was a chance that she wouldn't wake up with amnesia and everything would be fine.

Stacie was hoping that would be the case, but with there luck and everything that has been happening recently, Aubrey would probably wake up and not remember her.