6 - Search Parties and Kisses

Authors Note: I would like to apologize for not updating this story, or any of my other ones, for a while. I had a basketball tournament and had lots of homework so I will be trying to make up for it by updating it.

(BECA'S P.O.V)

"It's- It's Chloe"

Just hearing that felt like a punch to my gut. Suddenly, my mind was filled with the worst possible things that could have happened to Chloe.

"What happened? Is she is okay?"

"I can't find her anywhere Beca and I'm scared." I heard Aubrey start to cry now "She ran out of the house 30 minutes ago and I have been looking for her. I have tried calling and texting her but she didn't answer. What if she tried to kill herself again?"

I started to panic. What if she had tried to kill herself again? By now it would be too late and she would already be dead.

"A-Aubrey, I'll help you look for her."

"Okay, and if you find her, please call me. Even if she..." Aubrey couldn't get to finish that sentence before she burst into tears. But she did have to, I knew what she meant.

"It's okay Aubrey, we will find Chloe. She will be alright." I had no idea if she would be okay, right now I could only think of the worst things that could happen to her. "And Aubrey, I-I will call Stacie and send her over."

"Okay, thank you, Beca." After that, I hung up. I called Stacie and told her what had happened and that Aubrey needed her right now. She told me that she would be there as soon as she could.

I couldn't believe this. I finally had to chance to be with her and now she might be gone. At this point, I couldn't stop the tears from falling. What if something bad happened to her?

3 hours later...

I still haven't found her yet and by not hearing anything from Aubrey I'm assuming she hasn't either.

It's 9:18 p.m and it's pretty dark out here.

I have checked all over the campus, I even had gone back to Aubrey and Chloe apartment to see if she had gone back yet and she hadn't.

Right now, I was at the bridge near Barden. She wasn't here. I just hoped she hadn't jumped off.

She wouldn't have survived the fall.

By the time I get back to Barden's campus it's 10:03 p.m now and there is still no sign of Chloe.

What if someone had taken her? What if she had been hit by a car somewhere off campus and the person ran away? What if she jumped off that bridge? Maybe she even shot herself?

My mind kept coming with all the possibility that could have happened to Chloe.

The worst thought was that she could be dead right now.

Most of the Bella's had been looking for her, but they all stopped a half an hour ago.

I wanted to keep looking because I knew she would turn up. But she hasn't.

I looked all over campus again and the town around Barden. She was nowhere.

I decided now that I should go back to my dorm. But before I did, I went over to Aubrey's apartment to check again.

When I knocked, Stacie answered.  Her eyes were red and puffy it looked as if she had been crying too.

I asked how Aubrey was doing and she said that she wasn't taking this too well. She couldn't go too far away from the bathroom without throwing up. I told her that I would begin looking in the morning again and she said that maybe Aubrey would be able to look again too.

As I was walking back to my dorm I decided to take the long way around campus again, just to make sure that she wasn't there.

I was about at my dorm all hope I had of finding her tonight was completely crushed.

I had no idea where Chloe was and that scared me to no end. I had no idea if she was safe or not.

As I was about to enter Baker Hall, I looked across the quad and saw a body lying in the grass. I couldn't tell who it was, but just in case it was her, I walked over to see if they were okay.

The closer I got I could make out a figure and I could tell that it was a girl. My heart started beating faster the closer I got hoping it was Chloe.

"Hey, a-are you okay?" I called out to the person.

They must have heard me because they sat up. And As soon as they did my stomach dropped. The person had dark broken hair instead of red. "Yeah, I'm fine, just watching the stars. Thanks for asking though." Their voice definitely wasn't Chloe's. As I walked back up to my dorm I noticed how dirty I was and realized that I needed a shower. I grabbed my stuff out of my dorm and went down to the shower room.

I was just to turn on the shower when I had heard what sounded like metal dropping and a few sniffles. It completely scared me because I thought I was alone.

I didn't know if I should go and check to see if they were all right.

I took my shower and after I had finished, I still wondered if I was alone. I quickly put my sweatpants and a shirt that had boughten down on.

I looked in all the showers and saw in the last one, that someone was in there. I didn't really know what to say to them, so I just stood there a minute before I spoke. "Are you okay in there?"

It was suddenly dead silent in there. Then the person in the shower spoke.

"Yeah... I'm fine." Their voice sounded broken and it was filled with sadness. I knew exactly who it was, so I moved the curtain and walked in.

Sitting on the floor in the shower was Chloe, with her one wrist all cut up and blood dripping from it. Thank goodness the cuts were going across her wrist and not down. But I had no idea how deep they were.

 It was so sad seeing Chloe like this.

"Chloe, what's wrong?" I asked bending down beside her.

"Nothing, I'm fine." Being this close to her I could smell the alcohol in her breath. She was definitely drunk.

"We both know that's a lie, Chloe. Come on, let's get you cleaned up." I said helping her stand up. I brought her over towards the sink and washed her wrist off, the cuts didn't look to deep, but with the blood washed away there were lots more of them than I thought. After they had stopped bleeding, I had brought her up to my room. I called Stacie and told her that Chloe was fine and that she was staying with me.

I gave her a pair of sweats to wear to bed, and as she was changing I could tell she was having trouble with the buttons on her shirt. So I offered her help and she let me.

I tried to ignore the way my hands would brush up against her stomach occasionally. It wasn't a time to be thinking about that, but I couldn't stop the thoughts from coming.

I pulled the shirt off of her shoulders and helped her into one of mine.

Once her shirt was on, I looked up at her and found that she was already staring at me. I couldn't stop my self from staring at her lips, but once I caught my self I looked back up into her eyes.

Once I looked back up, I finally realized how close we were. Our faces were only inches apart and our bodies were almost pressed together. Never have I ever wanted to kiss someone so bad that in this moment.

I looked down at her lips again and before I could even process what was going on, I realized we were both leaning in.

And for the first time, our lips gently touched.